Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-16-2016, 06:49 AM   #39571
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've cleaned up my desk, putting away all the stuff I had put together for making a photo album from my vacation to Krakow. Now I'm cutting out some images for the front of the album and pasting them on. That will finish that album.

I've also sorted the photographs I took since March. I have to make a list with week number and anything special that happened in those weeks. After that I can start getting up to date with my 2016 album.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:32 AM   #39572
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
So what are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Playing on these forums and listening to So Long, Lollipops. It's late so I'm going to turn in. Much fun was had on these forums today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:43 AM   #39573
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

With just under three weeks to go until my reading retreat (vacation) it's time to start making lists. What to buy, what to do and what to pack. The latter list is, of course, split into the various bags, suitcase and storage container. And, the most important list, a list of possible books to read and to copy those to my Kindle.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:56 AM   #39574
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Finishing off packing . We're off to Prague for a 4 night break later today.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:57 AM   #39575
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Contemplating some serious garden work,that
I have been putting off for a while now....
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:10 PM   #39576
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just got back from visiting Paws4Ever - a no-kill rescue shelter that we adopted Goldie and Stella cat from. It's kitten season, so we took out a big bag of soft food and kitten toys and soft blankets -- and, of course, had to test some of the toys for quality control assurance. The kitten room was housing 10 kittens, with more on the way.

There's nothing better on a rainy afternoon than being savaged by a band of high energy kittens.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:42 PM   #39577
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And were you actually able to LEAVE with the same number of kittens that you went in with??? That's the biggest problem, imho.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:05 AM   #39578
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Making a shopping list.

On Monday I usually cook and today I'm going to attempt to make a couscous salad for the first time. The recipe looks simple and if it's a success I will need to save it. I really should create something with all my favourite recipes that I can add to.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:26 PM   #39579
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Making a shopping list.

On Monday I usually cook and today I'm going to attempt to make a couscous salad for the first time. The recipe looks simple and if it's a success I will need to save it. I really should create something with all my favourite recipes that I can add to.
I still keep my recipes on 4x6 cards, in a box. I don't want my electronic devices next to my cooking and splashing, thank you very much! Plus the old Betty Crocker cookbook still feels like family to me. But them I'm approaching the point when I have to admit to Old.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:11 AM   #39580
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I still keep my recipes on 4x6 cards, in a box. I don't want my electronic devices next to my cooking and splashing, thank you very much! Plus the old Betty Crocker cookbook still feels like family to me. But them I'm approaching the point when I have to admit to Old.
Ditto.

Also I clip recipes that I've tried (and liked) from newspapers and magazines, position them on blank 4X6 cards, and use clear self-adhesive plastic film (I use Con-Tact brand) to seal them to the card. It also protects against minor spills and splashes.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:30 AM   #39581
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm thinking of using a pocket page scrapbook. I really like the 6x8 size, and using the pocket page layout with two 3x4 pockets on the top half (one I will use for a picture of the finished dish and the other pocket I'll keep the ingredient list) and on the bottom half is a 4x6 pocket, used for the recipe. I can easily take pages out and the paper is protected from spills.

The recipe was a success, though I'll probably leave out the parsley next time and I might add some feta cheese. I did forget to take a picture of the finished dish, but I'm probably going to make it again when I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks since it was such a quick, easy and tasty dish.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:26 AM   #39582
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
We're hybrid here.

My SO is a major foodie, and there are things like the Larousse Gastronomique volumes in the pBook library, as well as a variety of other references on food and cooking. She was also a happy user of an old MSDOS program called Meal Master, which was a specialized recipe database program. It could export recipes in a standard format, and there was a fair bit of recipe swapping online passing Meal Master exports back and forth. (MM format also got picked up as the interchange format by other recipe database apps.)

So we have stuff in both formats, but the SO treats recipes as general guidelines, not precise directions to be followed exactly, and tweaks as she goes. (She has the knowledge, skill, and experience to do that sort of on the fly changes - "The recipe specifies this ingredient, but it's not available, and the farmer's market has that in stock which will substitute nicely...")

I'm well fed, thank you...
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:29 PM   #39583
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I have two file cabinet drawers of 3 by 5 cards, mostly from taste of home and that set of magazines. Note: short file drawers with two sides for index cards.
I also have numerous cookbooks and either 2 or 3 sets of the recipe cards they used to send in the mail. Did I mention I love thrift stores?
That is where most of them came from with the exception of the My great recipes set. My husband originally got them for his first wife.
I am second wife.
Now what am I doing? I am soon off to start dinner.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:13 AM   #39584
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I was just doing some shopping on Amazon when I came across this review of a product I was considering:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1719.png
Views:	283
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	149110
Click to enlarge.

A review like that makes me suspect that the reviewer may not have bothered to read the full description of the product in question before they hit the "buy" button.

The product in question:

Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	149111
Click to enlarge.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-02-2016 at 02:27 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:01 AM   #39585
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I was just doing some shopping on Amazon when I came across this review of a product I was considering:

Attachment 149110
Click to enlarge.

A review like that makes me suspect that the reviewer may not have bothered to read the full description of the product in question before they hit the "buy" button.

The product in question:

Spoiler:
Attachment 149111
Click to enlarge.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?