Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Dingo Bugs - Report them here

People have noticed various bugs in this latest release. Feel free to itemize the ones you've spotted here, so that we don't get duplication, and it will give enTourage a single thread to monitor for reports.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Last night a heavy with graphics PDF book, in re-flow mode, totally froze the reader. I tried everything, including switching books, to no avail. I switched back to the textbook and the pop up menus kept opening as little swatches of the book I had attempted to switch to. I finally shut down and a little swatch of the book remained overlayed on my wallpaper.

Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
pat.indie
Edge User

I still notice broken lines on LCD menus including the main apps shortcuts menu.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
NiaTrue
Edge User

My journal app is not happy. When I click on an item in the menu, even after I've begun using the tool and the menu collapses, the image of the expanded menu remains on the eink screen. Also, when I click on the shapes tool, sometimes it works, sometimes it refuses to recognize triangles and squares, though it seems to be quite fond of circles. And lastly, my refresh tool is finicky. Sometimes, clicking on it produces no effect.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
borisb
Edge User

I've noticed the Shape Recognizer generally only recognizes circles, too. It's with great difficulty that I can get it to recognize a square/rectangle or triangle, although trapezoids seem to work well.

Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
...although trapezoids seem to work well.
I noticed this, too. Trapezoids and most other rhombi, except squares. Weird.

Addendum: I forgot to mention that YouTube still doesn't work for me. Either I get an error message (Failed to Get Video) or the browser crashes.

Last edited by NiaTrue; 09-02-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Addendum

Old 09-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
PonMan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
I noticed this, too. Trapezoids and most other rhombi, except squares. Weird.

Addendum: I forgot to mention that YouTube still doesn't work for me. Either I get an error message (Failed to Get Video) or the browser crashes.
Please contact tech support in regards to You-tube not working. If your refresh key sometimes doesn't refresh, I'd give the reader side a recalibration just to be sure it was accurate. (menu -> settings -> sound & display)

Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
NiaTrue
Edge User

Thanks, PonMan. Will do both.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
janvangastel
Edge User

Switching between annotate, highlite and eraser doesn't work well. Sometimes two of the tools (annotator and eraser) are selected at the same time (the first stays selected when selecting the second). And it's necessary to hit the annotator twice to make it work again after using the eraser. The annotation then disappears, until the annotation tool is selected properly.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvangastel View Post
And it's necessary to hit the annotator twice to make it work again after using the eraser. The annotation then disappears, until the annotation tool is selected properly.
I've noticed this problem when using anything except the pencil after using the eraser.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #11
kenjennings
Edge User

The first time I opened a document in the Reader after the update, clicking on the menu icons at the bottom caused the reader to change pages as if I had clicked on the paging controls "underneath" the menu buttons. I haven't been able to duplicate it since then.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
kenjennings
Edge User

I am right-handed, so it made sense to me to switch the LCD to the left side, and the reader to the right which prevents inadvertent contact of the LCD by my right hand when writing.

The "Landscape" paper type in the journal is upside down in this configuration. To write with the small margin on the left I have to rest my arm on the LCD. (nit picking, I know.)

Last edited by kenjennings; 09-02-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #13
emen
Edge User

- browser sometimes goes blank, and requires scrolling for contents to appear (in two days of heavy scrolling, this happened maybe 3 or 4 times, it's significantly better then before)

- no problems with the reader side the others mentioned, the menus work fine

- it's not a bug, but I wonder why there is no more option to disable turning off the LCD side to save the battery. I often read and type some notes in Docs2Go at the same time, but sometimes more then 5 minutes pass before I type something new, and it really bothers me having to turn on the screen every 5 minutes.

- not really a problem, but more of a question. why it isn't possible to zoom in or out when annotation tool is selected?

- from the yesterday's update, I didn't manage to finish anything related to my job, because I've been busy trying out all the cool new and improved options. Consider this a complaint, the Edge has a negative influence on my work performance

Old 09-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
kenjennings
Edge User

The Reader still does not support landscape display of landscape pages? (PDF docs.)

Old 09-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #15
emen
Edge User

Nope, it doesn't.