Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Recreational animal torturer nearly killed by animal.

Such a sad word, "nearly."

ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post

Damn, I love it when the bull wins. *

*I went to several of these 'fights' when I was younger, and ate the meat of the bull** afterwards.

**Not a euphemism for man-bits ***

*** Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited by Moejoe; 04-26-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Score another point for the bulls!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ic-goring.html

The photo must be seen-- it is a better shot than the one at the running of the bulls!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I am very much against bullfighting. I am more so against humans getting mauled and people making light of it. Would you two have stood up and cheered when the poor guy got killed?

it is just like China and their animal rights violations. A lot of it is part of their culture. We should try and educate them and not laugh at them getting hurt. Chinese people are not evil. They had no choice being born there.

There are children and women bullfighter also. Do you wish them the same fate?
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I am very much against bullfighting. I am more so against humans getting mauled and people making light of it. Would you two have stood up and cheered when the poor guy got killed?

There are children and women bullfighter also. Do you wish them the same fate?
Let me answer you in song:

Old 05-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dont need to watch it...I seen the puppet show.

Thank you though.

------------------------------------

edit:
Honestly though, you two are sick bastards for wishing harm on people you disagree with.
Quote:
Quote:
Score another point for the bulls!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ic-goring.html

The photo must be seen-- it is a better shot than the one at the running of the bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Damn, I love it when the bull wins.

You two need to get some fn help. Maybe a little jesus or something in you.

Last edited by happy_terd; 05-23-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #7
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
I dunno... does a person really expect sympathy when they deliberately, knowingly, put themselves in a dangerous situation - and get splatted? Especially when that situation involves deliberately angering and causing pain to an animal who didn't get to make a choice?

*frown*

And it's an interesting ethical point you raise - is it worse to cheer a bullfighter for delivering the killing swordthrust, or to cheer a bull for goring the fighter? *ponder*
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #8
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
You two need to get some fn help. Maybe a little jesus or something in you.
I wear your scorn as a badge of honor.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #9
happy_terd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
I dunno... does a person really expect sympathy when they deliberately, knowingly, put themselves in a dangerous situation - and get splatted? Especially when that situation involves deliberately angering and causing pain to an animal who didn't get to make a choice?

*frown*

And it's an interesting ethical point you raise - is it worse to cheer a bullfighter for delivering the killing swordthrust, or to cheer a bull for goring the fighter? *ponder*
I agree. I am 100% against bullfighting (and sport hunting...and sometimes fishing). I do however think it takes a sick individual to cheer for another human getting hurt.

"score one for the bull" was kind of a fucked up thing to say. It is their culture and they do not see what they are doing as evil. No need to wish needless suffering on a group of people because of their culture.

Quote:
I wear your scorn as a badge of honor.
You would. It is equivalent to the bronze star in the troll army.

Last edited by happy_terd; 05-24-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:52 AM   #10
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Well the old saying goes if you mess with the bull you're gonna get the horns.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #11
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Damn, I love it when the bull wins. *

*I went to several of these 'fights' when I was younger, and ate the meat of the bull** afterwards.
So, if the bull wins, do you eat the guy?
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #12
doobedy
doobedy began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100
First, awesome title.

Second, culture doesn't excuse animal cruelty. Dogfighting is part of Michael Vick's culture too. If he had been mauled by one of his dogs, pet-loving dog owners would have thrown parties. There was a scary amount of hate for him.

What Spain does is just as vile as dogfighting. Matadors are not victims of their culture, they are active participants in animal cruelty for sport. The whole schtick is man vs bull, and the dangerousness of it. As soon as you start poking large dangerous animals with painful pointy things for money, sympathy goes out the window. Screw em.

Take a look at the photo of the gouging. Look what is happening to the bull. Bleeding, in agony, from the barbed sticks stabbed into his back. About to be killed. Seriously, I'm not sure when all human life became sacred no matter what the circumstances, but those dudes have it coming.
doobedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

More feel-good news on the animal torture front!

Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #14
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
I agree with what you're saying H_T but only to a point. No, I'm not going to cheer their getting mauled or killed, but neither do I have any remorse. I understand cultural significance and all that but how can anyone watch that and think that it isn't wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
I dunno... does a person really expect sympathy when they deliberately, knowingly, put themselves in a dangerous situation - and get splatted?
Exactly, I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobedy View Post
Second, culture doesn't excuse animal cruelty.
Take a look at the photo of the gouging. Look what is happening to the bull. Bleeding, in agony, from the barbed sticks stabbed into his back. About to be killed.
I was going to mention that picture as well. Also the article associated with it says "Matador in hospital after horrific goring" and "dramatic goring ... that had the crowd screaming in horror."
Why is it horrific, and why are people screaming in horror when it is the person getting mauled? The article didn't mention the bull at all.

And finally there is this, "There were fears for his life in the first anxious hours after the goring...", no fears for the bull, but then again was there ever any doubt that it was going to tortured and killed?

Again, I'm not cheering anyone's pain or suffering, I'm just not concerned that it happened to them either.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
happy_terd
Banned

I dont care anymore bro. this thread was like 10 years ago.

f*ck the bull and the rider.

Last edited by happy_terd; 08-19-2010 at 05:08 PM.