Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
racoleman
racoleman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Exporting ebooks

Other than using Calibre, is there any way to export books downloaded from the Kobo to my PC to store?

I'm able to copy books I already have onto the Kobo, but I'm after trying to export books bought through the Kobo site & placed on the device itself.

I've done a search on the drive it shows as, but cannot see these books.

Richard Coleman
racoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If I understand correctly, you are trying to move books you purchased from the Kobo store via wifi on your Kobo device to your PC? If that's the case, you can't directly do that since the Kobo device will have downloaded the proprietary kepub format book which is only readable via Kobo software. If you want a copy of the book, go onto the Kobo website via your PC and download the e-pub version via Adobe Digital Editions program that you'll need to put on your computer.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I just go to my account online and download the URL link to my computer and open with either Adobe or Sony Reader for PC, then add it to whatever reader I'm using.

Last edited by peitsao; 12-04-2012 at 05:32 PM.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote