Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Suppress Cover in Book Details Panel?

Is there a tweak or a setting to suppress the cover display on the Book Details panel?

With the cover browser open, that cover is redundant, and it would be good to have more items available without having to scroll.

I've searched the manual, this forum and straight-up Google, but I may not have the right search terms.

Aloha,
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
Is there a tweak or a setting to suppress the cover display on the Book Details panel?
I don't believe so.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:06 AM   #3
capidamonte
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Well, then. Anybody interested? Should I open an enhancement request?

Aloha,
Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
Well, then. Anybody interested? Should I open an enhancement request?

Aloha,
You don't need others interest to open an enhancement request.

You do need Kovid's (or other developers) interest to for it to go anywhere fast (there is a voting scheme built into the tracker that can flag of interest to others).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
capidamonte

Of course that's true.

It seems minor enough to be easy and minor enough to be ignored.

So, gauging interest keeps me from being angsty, and perhaps garners attention from the developers.

Aloha,
Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Speaking for myself, it's not something I want to implement, But, I wont refuse a patch. The cover area not only displays the cover, it also allows the cover to be changed easily by dragging and dropping an image from a browser or your computer onto it. It also has a usefull tooltip, that I personally use all the time, even though I keep the cover browser open as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
capidamonte

Understood. I do all my image changing from the metadata dialog, so I wasn't even aware of the drag/drop capability.

Well, maybe someone will patch it. It'd be nice if it showed up in the list of "displayed metadata" in the Book Details tab of the Preferences.

Even if it can't be suppressed, moving it to the bottom might be a slight workaround.

Anyhow, thanks for responding.

Aloha,