Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Kobo.com pre-order processing has started

Just got the email notification with a link to an order status page, which currently shows "Processing"...
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Just got the email notification with a link to an order status page, which currently shows "Processing"...
What was the date of of your purchase? May give us an idea of how many days it will take to get to the rest of us...

Also wondering if Ontario residents will be on top of the list and us poor folks in BC will get ours a few weeks later...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

I ordered around noon ET on Oct 19 (the day the Vox was announced)
Old 10-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

JC just confirmed with me that the first batch is going out today (which is why you received your 'processing' email boris). You should receive a shipping notification shortly, I would suspect. JC also said since I just ordered mine yesterday, it's unlikely mine will go out in the first batch, but here's hoping it'll go out in the next one (which I am guessing will be early next week).
Old 10-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
JC just confirmed with me that the first batch is going out today (which is why you received your 'processing' email boris). You should receive a shipping notification shortly, I would suspect. JC also said since I just ordered mine yesterday, it's unlikely mine will go out in the first batch, but here's hoping it'll go out in the next one (which I am guessing will be early next week).
Just to be clear, I don't know how far down the list we will get today. Everyone is being processed in the sequence they ordered, and there is a big batch going out today. I don't know anything beyond that.

Pokee, you might make it, you might not, but given your order time, you are definitely lower on the list than someone who ordered day 1.

I don't want to set your expectations either way, as I don't have enough insight into the shipping process.

JC
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
borisb
Addict

Thanks for the info, pokee. I was hoping they'd start shipping today.

It's a bit eerie, but this mirrors the pre-order shipping of the original enTourage eDGe in February 2010 (i.e., orders shipped a day early). And on top of that, the Kobo eReader/eBook Account page (with its "dashboard" and several other features) is spookily similar in form and function to what enTourage had (different skin, obviously). Maybe Kobo's using the same app?
Old 10-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I ordered at 8 AM (Mountain Time) on day one--so I'm guessing I made it . Can't wait (I've got a little wiggle).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
pokee
Fanatic

I am jealous, taming! Now I am kicking myself for waiting so long to order. But, I guess my impulse buying urge isn't as strong as yours!

I am sure I can enjoy reading about it for a while...but, of course, that's not the same!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
How about the orders from Frys? I pre-ordered on the 19th and a few days ago they advised they didn't know when I would get it yet their website still stated it was going to be dispatched on the 28th!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
I ordered min on Oct 23rd (last Sunday) and I recieved my second email this afternoon saying it was being processed.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I ordered on the 19th and just got the email that my order is being processed.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Darn, I waited until the 25th, so hopefully I get in the second batch and it goes off tomorrow ;-) No email yet. But when I ordered, it had Oct. 28 as the estimated ship date. Don't know if that was a "real-time" indicator or not.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote