Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #196
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hello everyone. Here's my idea for a plugin:

The ability to place buttons on your toolbar that correspond to a given library (that you'd specify), which, when clicked, goes to that library with the single click. I think this would be useful for people that manage multiple libraries.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #197
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
The ability to place buttons on your toolbar that correspond to a given library (that you'd specify), which, when clicked, goes to that library with the single click. I think this would be useful for people that manage multiple libraries.
Interesting idea, I manage multiple libraries and find the 2 clicks needed to switch between libraries extremely taxing.

On the other hand it sure would look cool and be intuitive to anyone else who may share the calibre install.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #198
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
One click is vastly more convenient than two, when you do it 30, 40, 50 times a day among multiple libraries.

Your point about other users is an extremely good one, however -- I wish I'd thought of it. Imagine having a youngster with their own library that they could access by clicking THEIR button. Hmm.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #199
Efreak
Efreak began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel 7
I don't THINK this was suggested yet, but I'm not sure.
I would like a plugin to automatically download metadata in the background whenever a book is added without any.

Multiple sizes in the size column would be nice, too (or multiple size columns); then if there's duplicates their sizes can be compared to the correct size.

Not a plugin: Also, I've noticed that calibre has generally gotten a bit slower as I update lately. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
Efreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #200
Vallora
Vallora began at the beginning.

Device: Android (Moon Reader w/Calibre Companion)
Question A Metadata Source Question

Is there a Plugin, or can a plugin be created, where the user can indicate where to look for the Metadata instead of having a specific plugin programmed just for that place. I'd like to be able to get data from Smashwords, Fictionwise and even All Romance. Is a general plugin like that even possible?

Thank you for reading.
Vallora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #201
nephtys59
nephtys59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
I would like an italian metadata source plugin to get data from http://www.bol.it/ and from Anobii.Would it be possible?
nephtys59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #202
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephtys59 View Post
I would like an italian metadata source plugin to get data from http://www.bol.it/ and from Anobii.Would it be possible?
how do I find some italian books on usenet for testing.
when I look for "epub" and "it", there are no good hits

Do u use epub or mobi?
search by ean is quite simple to make.
so if you know a site which returns the ean number, let me know
when you use the plugin extract_isbn, do you get an ean number for that book?

to search bij title/author at bol.it is more difficult.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 07-12-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #203
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephtys59 View Post
You did not react on my reply, but I made a first version of a plugin for Anobii.
I dont know if you can find there many books.
The Anobii results are the entrance to retrieve comments and /or cover from Bol_it. BOL_IT is optional, you can configure it as you like. By default you get them from the ANOBII site.
It is a beta version, so not complete but it is a start.

I don't talk nore speak Italian, so I cannot check the results in detail.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #204
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Update Custom Column On Conversion

... And be able to see at once if you have already customized the EPUB.
It should be a very simple plug-in, on the lines of "publisher: Hello World" BUT without messing-up existing metadata.
Help appreciated.
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #205
cecdc7731
cecdc7731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Blogging Plug In

Is there a plug in that copies book info, library info etc directly to a persons blog page for posting?
cecdc7731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #206
Jesse Chisholm
Enthusiast
Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: none
In this and other threads, the idea of a plugin to help _manage_ AudioBooks has been presented.

The idea sounded interesting to me, and so I threw together a Metadata Reader for AudioBooks in the .MP3 format. Very limited for .M4B format.

It is up at http://www.ctc.volant.org/consult/Calibre/index.html for those interested in trying it (read: testing it for me).

It is still version 0.5.0, so has a ways to go.
But this version I think is stable enough for others to use besides me.
1: multiple files are still separate "books", but are put in the same series together.
2: still having issues getting the cover image out of the .MP3 file (if present at all).
3: still having issues setting the mi.pubdate and mi.title_sort.
4: no way (yet) to send a books playlist of all chapters to an audio player. ;-)
If you "open" a single book and it will probably play in your OS's normal way.
5: does not write modified metadata back to the MP3 file; it is a Reader plugin.

PS: The default book cover, if I can't find anything else, is a small PNG of an Audio Book.
I am assuming that you are managing a book, as opposed to random music files.

-Jesse
Jesse Chisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:23 AM   #207
Sparkling
Sparkling began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
Shortcut Manager

I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure whether anyone has already mentioned this, but I thought I'd just throw this out there in case it is possible and someone wants to do it
I'd really LOVE a shortcut manager which could:
* Change/show original calibre shortcuts.
* Change/show different plugin shortcuts.
* Create custom shortcuts for changing specific metadata
ex. a shortcut for changing custom column yes/no (so I can mark multiple books as read and do this without entering the bulk edit window)
Sparkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #208
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Tags Managment

One of my favorite functions of Kiwidude's Goodreads plug-in is the customizable tag downloading. Examples:
I can set it up so that anything tagged with either Fantasy or Supernatural, will be tagged as Fantasy/Supernatural instead of the 2 separate tags; or I can have Adventure, Adventure Fiction, Action, and Action & Adventure all change to Action/Adventure.

What I would like to know is if it is possible, and if any one is able and willing to make a general, generic, overall plug-in that would allow users to customize all tags, not just those coming in from Goodreads?

Thank you In Advance.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #209
Jmb0
Jmb0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3.0
Hello,

Im new to the forum, and starting to use calibre, it really has some nice functionality.

I like to read fanfiction, mainly from ff.net, I was thinking that may be it should be a good idea to have a plug in in calibre that downloads and manages fanfictions.

just an idea
Jmb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #210
miguelesquirol
miguelesquirol began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I wonder if it will be possible to generate on Calibre a list of books of certain authors, even if I don't have the books. It would be nice for future shops, and wishlists... or just to know al ittle more about each author. It could automatially download the information from the same source it downloads covers and meta data.

Last edited by miguelesquirol; 08-02-2011 at 03:13 PM.
miguelesquirol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development