Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 01-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #151
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you can't program you can always help by doing translations/documentation. See https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/Development
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #152
AJ@PR
AJ@PR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you can't program you can always help by doing translations/documentation. See https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/Development
Hmm.... seems I can help there.

Will contribute to the Spanish one...
AJ@PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:01 AM   #153
slav
slav began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I've just tried to convert few feeds and I noticed that none of the images are in output LRF file (is there something I need to set to get them?). besides that embedded content looks great!

one more thing - how do I call this FullContentProfile from custom user profile (using command line)

thanks!
slav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #154
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just create a custom user profile that inherits from FullCOntentProfile. As for images, run with the --verbose switch to find out why they aren't being included. You can copy paste the code from the Advanced tab into a .py file and run it with web2lrf from the command line with --verbose
Old 01-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #155
dgallina
dgallina began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
What a great update!

Thanks for all the work you put into this!

Diego
dgallina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #156
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Kovid, thanks for all your work.

I yesterday upgraded to 0.4.34 on my laptop, libprs becomes better with each release.

I do have a question: was anything changed in the profile of Wall Street Journal? I'm a subscriber and was getting very good lrf in 0.4.33. Now on my laptop it takes very long time to get it, size is much bigger, and reader is not able to finish formatting. It's formatting for 15-20 minutes, then gets back to the library page. I viewed it on the laptop, it had generated 18,000 + pages, with huge fonts. During the view libprs was using 600Mb of memory (running in WinXP). My desktop still runs 0.4.33, and it creates 3-4Mb book, very well formatted.

Do you have previous builds available for download? The latest one is better but I'd love to gt the WSJ back on a laptop.

Thanks again,
David

Last edited by ddavtian; 01-25-2008 at 08:00 PM.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #157
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well the web2lrf subsystem had some work done on it, so perhaps that affected the WSJ profile. Unfortunately, I'm not the one that wrote that profile, and I don't have a WSJ account with which to debug it. If you're willing to PM me your account info, I could try to debug it.

Unfortunately, I don't keep previous releases around.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #158
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you're willing to PM me your account info, I could try to debug it.
Kovid, I just sent you a PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #159
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

released version 0.4.35 with a fixed WSJ profile and new profiles for:

The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, Reuters, The Jerusalem Post (thanks to Deputy-Dawg for the last three)
Old 01-31-2008, 09:45 AM   #160
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
I do have a question: was anything changed in the profile of Wall Street Journal? I'm a subscriber and was getting very good lrf in 0.4.33. Now on my laptop it takes very long time to get it, size is much bigger, and reader is not able to finish formatting. It's formatting for 15-20 minutes, then gets back to the library page. I viewed it on the laptop, it had generated 18,000 + pages, with huge fonts. During the view libprs was using 600Mb of memory (running in WinXP). My desktop still runs 0.4.33, and it creates 3-4Mb book, very well formatted.

Do you have previous builds available for download? The latest one is better but I'd love to gt the WSJ back on a laptop.
David,
I created the original WSJ profile. Not sure why it stopped working for you in the 0.4.34 build. I've attached a copy of the profile that has been working for me consistently with all the builds old and new (be sure to remove the .txt extension).

Try it out and let me know if it works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt wsj.py.txt (6.6 KB, 322 views)
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:52 AM   #161
ddavtian
Addict

Kovid, I got the 0.4.35, all my favorite profiles (WSJ, Newsweek, Economist, NYT) are working fine. I don't know what was wrong on my machine with 4.34, but now all is good.

Thanks a lot,
David
Old 01-31-2008, 09:55 AM   #162
ddavtian
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
David,
Try it out and let me know if it works for you.
JTravers, thanks a lot for the profile. As I mentioned, it could be something wrong on my machine. Sorry if false alarm. The latest build worked fine again.

I love showing the reader to my colleagues with WSJ and NYT :-) First, I demo the iLiad with technical books, then Sony with newspapers :-)
Old 01-31-2008, 09:59 AM   #163
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Problem with FullContentProfile

Kovid,
I get the following error when trying to implement the FullContentProfile with the portfolio.py profile (both my own and the one bundled with 0.4.35).

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "convert_from.py", line 192, in <module>
  File "convert_from.py", line 186, in main
  File "convert_from.py", line 125, in process_profile
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\web\profiles\__init__.pyo", line 100, in __init__
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\web\profiles\__init__.pyo", line 422, in build_index
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/category1.html'
Do you know what's causing this?
(I'm using this under Vista.)

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #164
JTravers
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
JTravers, thanks a lot for the profile. As I mentioned, it could be something wrong on my machine. Sorry if false alarm. The latest build worked fine again.
Great! Good to know everything is working for you again.

If you don't mind, I would be curious to know what the speed is like for you using the built-in WSJ profile vs. the one I attached to my previous message. The built-in profile seems to take a much longer time on my system and was wondering if the same applies to you. Maybe it's just a GUI vs. command line thing, though.

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #165
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
Kovid,
I get the following error when trying to implement the FullContentProfile with the portfolio.py profile (both my own and the one bundled with 0.4.35).

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "convert_from.py", line 192, in <module>
  File "convert_from.py", line 186, in main
  File "convert_from.py", line 125, in process_profile
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\web\profiles\__init__.pyo", line 100, in __init__
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\web\profiles\__init__.pyo", line 422, in build_index
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/category1.html'
Do you know what's causing this?
(I'm using this under Vista.)

Thanks!
Oops left in a statement for debugging, I've re-uploaded the windows installer. Re-install and you should be fine.

Tags
libprs500, web2lrf