Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
how to tell a refurb apart

Do I understand correctly that if you exchange your kindle that amazon will send you a refurbished unit?
How does it come? I mean is it in the same packaging or how do you tell?

(I had to exchange my k2 after a few months when it froze up on me.
I was told not to send the accessories back with it because they won't be included but when I got the replacement it came packaged with them.)
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I just got a replacement for my K2i. I had a minor problem with a spongy page-turn button, and my warranty had expired, but Amazon sent me a replacement anyway. They told me it was refurbished, but it looks and functions like a brand-new unit. It was packaged like a new unit, had a new usb cable, but no charger.

I'm very pleased with the great service I got. I think I've got a brand new battery, and everything works perfectly.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
All refurbs are made with re-certified parts. Usually they replace the casing/buttons + battery with new parts. The screen/logic board will be old parts that have been tested to meet spec. There is likely a protective plastic piece on the screen that they can replace if there are scratches, they'll do that, if not they'll just put in a new screen too.

Refurbs almost always look & function like new.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Refurbs have an orange sticker on the box.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Refurbs have an orange sticker on the box.
ahh, thanks. good to know.
they did send me a new one then.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
1Bookworm
Enthusiast
1Bookworm doesn't litter1Bookworm doesn't litter

Device: blackberry, laptop, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
ahh, thanks. good to know.
they did send me a new one then.
Hi,

Does anyone know - your Kindle is still under warranty do they send you a new or a refurbished one? Mine is still under warranty - less than 6 mths old - but having battery troubles and Amazon offered to change but if I'm going to get a refurbished one than I like hold on to this one for a little longer just in case the battery starts behaving again.

Thank you
1Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
teraflame
Enthusiast
teraflame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I wanted to exchange my kindle for a replacement. The "refurb" one I got was seriously used with nicks and scratches on the plastic, some of the lettering on the buttons seems to have faded as well. So I returned it altogether for a refund.
teraflame is offline   Reply With Quote