Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
neilm2
Enthusiast
neilm2 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Sony Reader
Question What RSS feeds are on your Reader?

I'm obsessed with Rss2book, which is quickly turning my Sony Reader into a blog/newspaper/comics/magazine device. I find myself scouring the Web for more full-text feeds (preferably with pictures). So far, full feeds seem to fall into 3 categories: techie stuff, "unofficial" feeds, and British publications.

I'm curious: What feeds are people here reading on their Readers?

To get the ball rolling, the attached screenshot shows the feeds I have loaded in Rss2book...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rss2bookfeeds.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	2339  

Last edited by neilm2; 12-09-2006 at 12:45 PM.
neilm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
For a good set of possibilities, visit http://www.dailyrotation.com (I have this as my browser home page on the desktop).

I'd like to add Al Jazeera, but their feed link is broken it seems.

Neil, it looks like you have several in your list that you haven't published to the DAV server; you should consider doing that.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
On a different note, I do want to add a feature that will, upon publishing, warn if there is already a published feed with the same name, and show what fields are different between the already published one and the one about to be published. That will help reduce the duplication that's happening.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
neilm2
Enthusiast
neilm2 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Sony Reader
Thanks for mentioning the unpublished feeds, Geekraver. I just published the full feeds for Boing Boing, Gawker, Gizmodo, jkOnTheRun, Pocket PC Thoughts, Map Room, Tech Crunch and Techdirt.

Last edited by neilm2; 12-10-2006 at 10:11 AM.
neilm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #5
ThomWill
Enthusiast
ThomWill is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500 (Sony Reader)
In addition to the ones others have already set up and published (BBC, Reuters, CSM, Dilbert, Wired.), I am working on setting up several feeds for Public Health consumption as a proof of concept for a work project. I have the CDC's MMWR feed almost complete and also working on some situational awareness stuff from the homeland security folks. I have the good fortune of working on a project right now that demands consumption / mining of RSS data for a decision support mechanism for public health. This basically means I get to play with RSS2Book and other RSS tools and get payed for it. Life can be beautiful sometimes.
ThomWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert