Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-20-2008, 05:04 AM   #1
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Still no Iliad

I am in the midst of a lengthy long distance attempt to get my Iliad repaired and have been without it for almost 2 months. I have had to stay away from this forum because it makes me crazy being excluded from all the books and upgrades and so on. Started breaking down a few days ago and popping in to peep every now and again.

You guys are making me nuts with envy. I have to have a reader. I hate reading paper books after the Iliad.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's awful, Martin! Have they said why it's taking so long to get you a replacement?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not so far. It took ages to organize the return box as I was in the desert and that was not their fault at all. Then it took a while to convince the local shipping guys to handle it due to complications with reciprocal arrangements between companies. Also not Irex to blame. It left here only a week or 2 ago so we will see.

If it is bust and if it is my fault I will have to buy another one. I tried living without it but your analogy about how much would you spend on a TV struck chord. I watch no TV. I want a reader.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
There is still hope in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6902

;-)
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

Heard from UPS that my iliad is back in town. No communication from irex despite writing to them. I have no idea whether the thing is fixed or terminal. I am trying to convince myself that if it was toast or needed repairs that I would have to pay for that I would have heard something from them. Would they bother to send a dead thing back without emailing me?

I am back to reading p books.
Advert
Old 03-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I dont think they would send back a broken unit. So i assume it was all repaired within warranty. Otherwise they would have contacted you with information on what the charges for a repair would be.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

Tribble, from your lips to Gods ear.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:51 AM   #8
MikeU
MikeU began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Is it a healthy iLiad Yet?

This thread is quite timely (though unfortunate for Happymartin), as I was just about to order an iLiad! Is it folly to proceed? I hope iRex was what a company ought to be, and that you are back to e-reading an iLiad.
MikeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

I am waiting for UPS to deliver, perhaps it is waiting for me at home. Perhaps it is repaired, perhaps not. I agree it is a bit of a test I suppose but I could have done something wrong and it could be me at fault and not irex. In fairness to them there service up to now has been pretty good and the device itself has been amazing. I love the dam thing.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #10
hskinner
hskinner began at the beginning.

Device: Irex
I ordered an Iliad last Friday and it arrived today (the following Thursday) in the US. There does not seem to be any problem getting new units.
hskinner is offline   Reply With Quote