Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #316
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
The Spa-Eng dictionary is actually still there (in the subsection "Languages and Games") but only the Rus-Eng dictionary is accessible from a book, for now.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #317
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Tests on goodereader

http://goodereader.com/blog/

There is a test with video on the Jetbook Color as well as a comparison(25/15 minutes youtube) between JB and Mirasol - enlightening and sobering...

Last edited by Beryll Snyder; 02-26-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling error
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #318
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post

There is a test with video on the Jetbook Color as well as a comparison(25/15 minutes youtube) between JB and Mirasol - enlightening and sobering...
Good video review. Thanks.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #319
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:

I think that reviewer is biased, or he does not know other 9,7" e-readers.

Also, he used a powerful white lamp straight over the reader to make it's screen less grayer, but who's got that kind of illumination at home or in the office.

Hope I'm wrong, and that he'll review the Jetbook near the BooxM92 or other pearl 9,7" screens
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #320
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see black color jetBook Color unit on E ink website:
http://www.eink.com/customer_showcas...ook_color.html

I'm thinking to buy one for my kid when it will be available.
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #321
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I see black color jetBook Color unit on E ink website:
http://www.eink.com/customer_showcas...ook_color.html

I'm thinking to buy one for my kid when it will be available.
I hope there exists a colorant to color the white into black. Anyone got some suggestions (non permanent marker, as permanent marker fades over time)

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-27-2012 at 01:13 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #322
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:

Seems like the other device is based on an LCD screen with minimal backlight.
Probably has hours of battery life, instead of days on E-ink.

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-27-2012 at 01:22 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #323
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Seems like the other device is based on an LCD screen.
Probably has hours of battery life, instead of days on E-ink.
Qualcomm's Mirasol isn't LCD, it is a completely new display technology. The device seems to last about a week under normal usage, can easily handle video, and is readable in direct sunlight.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #324
Kris777
Banned

This jetBook Color review in Bulgarian but it has many high resolution pictures:
http://www.reader.bg/useful/item/502...te-review.html

You can use google translate to translate it to english:

Old 02-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #325
Julius_BG
Julius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle 3G keyboard, jetBook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
This jetBook Color review in Bulgarian but it has many high resolution pictures:

You can use google translate to translate it to english...
Hi, everybody. Thanks, Kris777.

The review is mine, but I wish to have a better camera.

An old Canon G2 has been used, after that the images has been resized to 1500 x 2000.

p.s.
Sorry for my English. Greetings from Bulgaria.
Julius_BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #326
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Julius_BG,
do you actualy use the JBC?
are you satisfied of it?
do you think it is HARDLY readable at home?

Thank you AM
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #327
Julius_BG
Julius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to beholdJulius_BG is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
Julius_BG,
do you actualy use the JBC?
are you satisfied of it?
do you think it is HARDLY readable at home?

Thank you AM
Hello, mod186k1.

Yes, I'm using it. But I find the device more useful to learn a foreign language than to read a books. When I compare jetBook Color with my Kindle 3G keyboard I find that the Kindle screen is much brighter than jetBook. jetBook has medium dark grey screen (4 grey levels instead Kindle's 16 levels). When you are not reading, but using different applications (such as colored illustrated speaking dictionaries) the screen offers the same brightness as the Kindle does. And is also heavy enough to read from it (hand) even for 5 minutes (also uncomfortable for transportation, I use my laptop bag). But the cover offers horizontal and vertical positioning of the device so you can use it from your desk (even from your bed).

Last edited by Julius_BG; 02-27-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #328
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Thank you,
that confirms what I thought: Jetbook Color is a device for studing rather than reading a romance.
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #329
Julius_BG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
Thank you,
that confirms what I thought: Jetbook Color is a device for studing rather than reading a romance.
Yes, it is pointed to educational market actually. Compared to Kindle DX - even the DX offers less weight and brighter screen for reading. But applications are what really worth in this reader, I think.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #330
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
It's simply not a finished product, thats why there are features missing. The educational software on it is nothing special, they've put it on the device so that people don't get too angry at the lack of basic features, i guess .

At the moment it's not good especially for studying, because it lacks things like annotation, page rotation, note-taking, text recognition, browser etc.. On the other hand, for simple reading of ebook formats it's pretty much your average ebook reader, feature-wise.

The device was advertised as something much more than a device for reading ebook formats, so at this stage you can't really know what the device will look like in 2 months.

The screen needs more light to reach the level of eye-friendliness that black and white eink screens have, that's true, but for that you get color.

Last edited by por; 02-27-2012 at 07:38 AM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook color, jetbook color review