Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FYI, I just dug out an old WiFi+3G Kindle 3 (later Kindle Keyboard) that wasn't currently registered and was able to register it to my account just fine.
Good to know. Thanks!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #32
bogfrog
bogfrog began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505's, Kindles far too many K1 K2's K3's K4's K5's KPW1/2/3 DXG KV
Missed the point !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FYI, I just dug out an old WiFi+3G Kindle 3 (later Kindle Keyboard) that wasn't currently registered and was able to register it to my account just fine.
if you have an unregistered device, it will still register without a problem (K3/K4) if you have a registered device (again I can only prove this for the K3/K4) you can no longer deregister on the device, only on the website, and the device will still think it's registered until you force a factory reset (trying to select reset via the menus does not appear to work)
bogfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2017, 04:20 AM   #33
bogfrog
bogfrog began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505's, Kindles far too many K1 K2's K3's K4's K5's KPW1/2/3 DXG KV
Ok there may have been a change overnight which I'm hoping persists

As from this morning I can again de-register a K4 on the device, I will check a K3 later

Has anything changed on the K2 front ?
bogfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:05 AM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogfrog View Post
Has anything changed on the K2 front ?
Yep! Registration finally went through for my K2US.

All the servers still say: DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN on the 411 page, but registration is complete. Both on the device and the Manage My Devices web page. Looks like someone decided to to turn the switch back on.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:37 AM   #35
IFixKindles
Connoisseur
IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1 - repair many Kindle models
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogfrog View Post
Ok there may have been a change overnight which I'm hoping persists

As from this morning I can again de-register a K4 on the device, I will check a K3 later
I registered a K3 yesterday via WiFi then couldn't get it to recognize the cloud archives until I switched to 3G. Then it would download. As has been mentioned I couldn't deregister it via 3G or WiFi. Several hours later I finally got it to deregister. Then I was able to register it again, it worked fine via WiFi and 3G, and deregistered without problem.
IFixKindles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #36
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yep! Registration finally went through for my K2US.

All the servers still say: DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN on the 411 page, but registration is complete. Both on the device and the Manage My Devices web page. Looks like someone decided to to turn the switch back on.
All the kindles I have ever had always say DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN on the 411 page.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:29 AM   #37
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK View Post
All the kindles I have ever had always say DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN on the 411 page.
That's very possible. It's not something I ever looked at closely (except when CS wanted troubleshooting details).

Love to hear some success stories from the K1 and DX users who were having trouble, now.