Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Compatible stylus?

Anyone knows what stylus is compatible with the DR800's stylus, best if sold in local stores.
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
DR800 and all other iRex readers need a Wacom Penabled stylus.
Wacom had also made these for a few Tablet PC's (back in the days).

The stylus from the Onyx Boox and BeBook Neo are compatible/identical...

I'm not sure about the new Samsung E60, this one appears to use a digitizer similar to the ones from Wacom... but if they use a different frequency in the reflecting coil, it won't work.
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
netboy
Enthusiast
netboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watch

Device: prs-505, prs-950, irex dr800sg
My stylus for my Acer Tablet C110 works on my DR800 perfectly fine. Both the giant pen and the small one.
netboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Wacom is sending me a quote for replacements styluses. I should have it in a few days , hopefully then I can get some in for folks who have lost theirs or just want to have a spare.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I believe the "Penabled" replacements pens on here are the correct ones:

https://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Other_Parts_C159.cfm
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
JRG
JRG began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I believe the "Penabled" replacements pens on here are the correct ones:

https://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Other_Parts_C159.cfm
The Penabled Tablet PC Slim Pen (SKU#MP200) on that page looks like the stylus that ships with the DR800SG, except that it has a switch. The stylus that arrived with my DR800SG has no switch (just a panel where one might be installed).
JRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
The stylus from my old, dead ThinkPad X41 works perfectly. It's a Wacom Penabled stylus.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
JRG
JRG began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRG View Post
The Penabled Tablet PC Slim Pen (SKU#MP200) on that page looks like the stylus that ships with the DR800SG, except that it has a switch. The stylus that arrived with my DR800SG has no switch (just a panel where one might be installed).
I can now confirm that this particular item works just fine with the DR800SG. The other Penabled pens on that page should also work, as Shaggy said.
JRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:11 AM   #9
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
My parrot chewed up my original pen (I got it away from him before he totally destroyed it and still works, but not very well), so I ordered this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

since penabled pens are not being sold locally. It hasn't arrived yet, I will let you know if it works.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
My parrot chewed up my original pen (I got it away from him before he totally destroyed it and still works, but not very well), so I ordered this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

since penabled pens are not being sold locally. It hasn't arrived yet, I will let you know if it works.
It should work fine.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote