Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Arrow bookmarks and highlights all lost?

I was reading a book (bought from Kobo and synced via ADE) and had highlighted several things I wanted to keep track of, stopped reading, left a bookmark as usual and let it go to sleep on its own. It was probably 2-3 days later when I came back to that book, and in the meantime I had connected to my laptop and transferred another file over through Calibre (a pdf) and had then opened that new file on the reader. When I opened up the previous book, which was no longer listed as being the 2nd most recent and not even in the top 6, it started over at the beginning and has none of my reading history. The reader had been at 3/4 charge the entire time and had not run down or been recharged other than when connected to the laptop, which was for about 5 min.

Any ideas why this would happen?

The reader will be 2 yrs old in November, and I have about 300 books, mostly epub, on the main drive and another 150 files, mostly pdfs (knitting patterns) on an sd card. I have noticed a general slowdown in page-turning, opening a book, etc. over the last 2 months and figure it might be time to do a clean re-install. thanks
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
It happens. Soz. In prs+ there is an option to save notes to sd-card which works better for me. At least that way I'm less likley to use notes as they are stored externally.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Yes, 'it happens'...
I lost comments and bookmarks several times and developed the suspicion that Calibre could be one of the reasons to make it happen (reader pluged into PC, Calibre is started, unplug reader from PC without closing Calibre), but I'm not completely convinced.

That's one of the reasons for using my own version of PRS+ (Zork) which has the possibility to make backups (and of course gives the poss. of restoring them) from all notes, bookmarks and the reading progress.

Slowdown sadly has it's reason in the technic Sony stores notes. If the amount of notes becomes too high the reader will suffer a noticeable slowdown.
Solution: deleting notes.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
I thought I had upgraded to PRS+ last year but now I'm not sure and how do I tell? If so, how do you back up notes, and how do I delete them on the reader once they are backed up? That would be great. Thanks.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

I use my own version of PRS+ (ZORK edition). It brings the possibility (to be found in options) to make a backups of all notes, reading progress and bookmarks and of course brings the possibility to restore them.

Resetting/deleting all notes:

Delete all foles in /Data/database/cache/ of your reader. Make a backup if you are unsure!

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert