Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Tyrinon
Tyrinon began at the beginning.

Device: HP touchpad
WebOS version of Calibre?

Is there a WebOS version of Calibre that will run on a HP touchpad ? i've done some searching and was unable to find anything on this. If not is there a version in the works? (yes HP discontinued it but they still a few million to offload cheap which make them good ereaders
Tyrinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Calibre is not intended to run on the reader itself, but rather on the computer being used to access the reader. It's only available for Linux, OSX and Windows. Since WebOS seems to be Linux based, it shouldn't be completely impossible to port Calibre to it, however, Calibre needs a rather powerful computer. It will probably not run well on mobile devices with limited computing power.

If the device mounts as an USB removable drive when connected to the computer, it should be possible to get it supported in Calibre as a reading device, though. See this FAQ entry for information.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
davidsmartin
davidsmartin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
If I have Calibre on my PC, will it sych with an HP Touchpad WebOS?

Is the Touchpad a good ebook reader for $100?

Thanks,

Dave
davidsmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmartin View Post

Is the Touchpad a good ebook reader for $100?

Thanks,

Dave
I have just picked up the Touchpad today for $99 and I am no expert but as far as I can tell Calibre does not recognize the device. The only app I can find for reading ebooks is the Kindle App which seems to work pretty well. They do sell individual books in their app store with most of the classics costing 99 cents. Have not tried any of them out though. I probably would not recommend the Touchpad as an ereading device but for $99 it is not a bad tablet.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:59 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmartin View Post
See this link for getting devices supported by Calibre. Note that the device needs to mount itself as a USB mass storage device in order for this to work.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
I have just picked up the Touchpad today for $99 and I am no expert but as far as I can tell Calibre does not recognize the device. The only app I can find for reading ebooks is the Kindle App which seems to work pretty well. They do sell individual books in their app store with most of the classics costing 99 cents. Have not tried any of them out though. I probably would not recommend the Touchpad as an ereading device but for $99 it is not a bad tablet.
Just discovered an app called pReader.

Details here:

http://www.precentral.net/preader-2

Works pretty well with the DRM free ePub and Mobi files I loaded.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote