Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Dark Places - Gryphonwood Press

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this collection that was offered free over the weekend.

I enjoyed just about every story in this collection. Some were pretty cliched, but still entertaining. All the stories were short, but got the job done, and there are a few standouts to me:

1. Memory Game - by far my favorite of the entire collection. The way it was written and how it was presented was something that I didn't/couldn't stop reading. I really hope that somehow that gets fleshed out into a full novel, or novella.

2. Skullface Returns - Yeah it's set at a camp, yeah it seems like a bad horror movie, yeah it was entertaining, with a great ending!

3. The Scene of My Second Murder - An interesting setup, and if it was pulled off....man that would have been a bloody scene!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote