Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-09-2023, 10:04 AM   #1
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Calibre and Apple Books

I have all my ebooks nicely ordered in Calibre. I wanted to put some into Apple Books and dragged and dropped them via iTunes into the app.
However the titles of the books are not the same as the way they appear in Calibre.
I am dragging them from the Calibre library at the moment. Is there a way for the books to appear with the correct titles on my iPad in Apple Books? At the moment I am having to edit them in Apple Books so they are numbered correctly.
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:26 PM   #2
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do the ebooks have the correct metadata in them rather than in the calibre metadata file? You can use the polish books plug in to do that.
You might also need to add com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml to epub2 (with the appropriate instructions), or insert
<meta property="ibooks:specified-fonts">true</meta>
in the OPF for epub3.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited by Martinoptic; 01-09-2023 at 12:28 PM. Reason: More clarity
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 11:31 AM   #3
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Thank you. Will try that.
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:21 PM   #4
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You’re welcome
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple books, calibre, ipad