Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #46
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2heikamp View Post
As far as I can see, the 15.4 version is locking up the 302. Seems that new firmware means a step backwards instead of an improvement.
But what happened to firmware 15.3? It never saw daylight on the supportpages of Pocketbook! Or did it?
don't know about that, but looks like you could ask MetalMick
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #47
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi Paola, m2heikamp, et al,

I did get 15.3 and if anyone wants it, it can be found at:

http://www.pless.id.au/Dictionaries/302 15_3b.zip

I have not tried this as yet - I just grabbed it while it was there.

Can someone explain what they mean by the term "locking up"?

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #48
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
it looks like the corrected alpha version is now out, see here, and good luck!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #49
Montyp535
Zealot
Montyp535 began at the beginning.

Device: (former) Ebookwise 1150, PB 302, (now) PB 612, PB Touch, HTC DesireS
the firmware can be found here: FW 302_15.4alpha

It's the first alpha version with the function of making notices directly in the book - at the moment only with fbreader, in the final version also in the ADE.
Some bugs are corrected (zooming by wiping up and down the right screenside...), the new feature works good, but some things could be better - very small icons in the book-menu (while reading tapping the center of the screen)... but I hope, it will become better!
Montyp535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #50
Waveman
Waveman began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 64gb 3G, PocketBook 301
Unhappy What happened?

What happened to pocketbook this last year?

I got my 301 last spring after spending hours a day reading on this forum. Pocketbook had two great products - the 360 and 301 - a good reputation with representatives in the forum taking suggestions, answering questions and providing support. I basically chose the 301 on the strength of that reputation, and I'm glad I did - it's a great product, I love it.

So it's a shock to come back here now and read about what's happened this last year. I thought about getting a 302, I guess I'm glad I didn't. But hell...how did they waste all that good will and their good reputation? That sucks.

Sorry for the off topic. Feel free to delete, mods, if it's inappropriate.
Waveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #51
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Thanks for the link...I'm not sure if I'm ready for an alpha-risk-take since things are relatively stable right now...but I'll see what the file's readme has to say about bluetooth keyboard support etc.... if that's not there, then the chances of this device surviving with me past summer are slim as it is. I'll hopefully be replacing it with something else depending on release dates.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #52
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Sure,

but it's a bit light-on for readme files. None at all, in fact.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #53
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Hmm...can you confirm whether or not any sort of bluetooth keyboard support (supposedly in the withdrawn 15.3) and note-taking app exists on it?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #54
kalle17
kalle17 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302, PocketBook IQ701
New beta version of PB302 15.4 available here http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=680950#680950
kalle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #55
guyanonymous
Guru

Thanks... a translation from there...

Quote:
Hi all.
Today publish beta firmware.

It is still not working BlueTooth, and fixed a bug with displaying PDF (mapping the bottom of the page).
Now over those two moments in progress.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #56
m2heikamp
m2heikamp began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Still no OFFICIAL new firmware for the PB302?
Although the support-page is still online, I guess PB has abandoned the 302 altogether.
Recently gave my PB302 away for free although throwing it away with the trash was my first option. Realistically that's what PB is all about.
m2heikamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #57
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
@m2heikamp,

Good that you got rid of a machine that you disliked so much.
As far as I know, Pocketbook are working on an official new firmware that appearently had to be rewritten to adopt the architecture of the newer firmwares (ie more like the 60x and 90x machines). That step alone shows some intent to support it in the future.

They have published several alpha versions of the new firmware and now a beta version only 3 weeks ago. They have been releasing firmware for testing purposes about every other month for a while now.

I do agree that this process seems to take a lot of time, but I'm not a power-user, and am doing fine with the 15.2 firmware. Hopefully, the 15.4 will improve my ereader experience even further once the final version is launched.

I do not agree that Pocketbook have stopped support altogether, there is no use in launching beta firmware if they have the intention to drop support on the 302 completely.

Anyways, I hope you get a reader that meets your expectations soon.

Last edited by joepie; 08-26-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typos and grammar
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote