Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
davebalme
Enthusiast
davebalme began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Ipad, Kobo Wireless, Archos 70b & 80G9. And a Kobo Arc
Comics on the IQ

Can anybody recommend a decent cbr/cbz reader for the IQ. I've held off buying one until now but would like to make sure that it's capable of doing what I want before buying (I've recently bought an Archos 70B ereader & an Archos 7 Home Tablet, using Droid Comic reader on both. But the version of the app that is available for these will not open every comic & it appears that Archos are not developing firmware updates to suit the later versions of Android).
davebalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
ChadB
ChadB began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
I just recently switched to Perfect Viewer, I'm liking it more than the last one I used, ACV. The placement of the buttons over the pages makes it very convenient, especially for switching the zoom from fit to height to fit to width. I bought my IQ for comics primarily and I love the thing. ACV seemed to sometimes have issues with occasional pages where it just wouldn't load them, giving memory errors. I have had Perfect Viewer crash on me a few times, but when i load the comic back up it works fine again for a while.
ChadB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:48 AM   #3
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebalme View Post
Can anybody recommend a decent cbr/cbz reader for the IQ. ...
With Calibre, I convert CBR/CBZ to epub and that way, I can read comics on my e-reader.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebalme View Post
Can anybody recommend a decent cbr/cbz reader for the IQ.
Try "Perfect Viewer", worked very well for me
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote