Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
No firmware updates for pros?

Are the programmers on strike? It has been so long without updates -- a few programs still don't work properly!
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
based on teh first message from the Russian forum in this thread it looks like it is going to take another month.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
based on teh first message from the Russian forum in this thread it looks like it is going to take another month.
Hmm, stroke control sounds interesting for reading PDFs if it means what I think it means (i.e. being able to change the thickness of the lines when fonts are rendered). I would upgrade just for that (as long as coolreader doesn't get broken).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Hmm, stroke control sounds interesting for reading PDFs if it means what I think it means (i.e. being able to change the thickness of the lines when fonts are rendered). I would upgrade just for that (as long as coolreader doesn't get broken).
I think the original means "precise setting of panel strokes" not the strokes of fonts. I hope I am wrong.

I spent time giving them suggestions on improving contrast in pdfs and adding word list to dictionaries. None was taken. Well, maybe the scaling problem will be solved at least so I can use the pdfviewer.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
I think the original means "precise setting of panel strokes" not the strokes of fonts. I hope I am wrong.

I spent time giving them suggestions on improving contrast in pdfs and adding word list to dictionaries. None was taken. Well, maybe the scaling problem will be solved at least so I can use the pdfviewer.
Blah! At least I know not to get my hopes up now. Thanks.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
sorry, and what could this mean in plain English? Free hand annotation, or am I also keeping my hopes too high?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
sorry, and what could this mean in plain English? Free hand annotation, or am I also keeping my hopes too high?
Honestly, I don't know. My translation is just a little more sensible than google. I guess they were talking about the key mapping, which currently lacks consistency under different reading applications.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #8
paola
Wizard

well, your understanding is surely better than mine, and keymapping also sounds more in line with expectations than full free hand pdf annotation, unfortunately. Not that the Onyx M90/1 seems to be doing too much better, though...
Old 08-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
well, your understanding is surely better than mine, and keymapping also sounds more in line with expectations than full free hand pdf annotation, unfortunately. Not that the Onyx M90/1 seems to be doing too much better, though...
Pocketbook has more potentials than other devices. Unfortunately they are not being explored. Too bad.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Pocketbook has more potentials than other devices. Unfortunately they are not being explored. Too bad.
OS/2 had potential too...in the old times...
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote