Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
FrayAdjacent
FrayAdjacent doesn't litterFrayAdjacent doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
A stylus! My kingdom for a stylus!

Well, I wouldn't give my kingdom, but maybe $20.

Anyone had any luck finding a replacement stylus for the PRS-600?
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent View Post

The PRS-700 stylus is not an exact match, the top is slightly different and won't lock securely in place. The base is the same though and works fine.

Sony doesn't sell the PRS-700 stylus on-line anymore but you can find them in sonystyle stores. You may have to call around to find any in stock. Model is PRSA-SP7.

Sony should come out with a replacement stylus for the PRS-600 in the near future, one would think, but if you're desperate...
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
If you're really desperate, Sony Parts has it for $38.40 (part number A1732038A).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
FrayAdjacent
FrayAdjacent doesn't litterFrayAdjacent doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
Holy schnikies! $40 for a little stick? Wowsers. That would negate the money I saved buying a used unit.

I have a stylus from a Dell PDA that I use here at home, but I'd REALLY like one that goes in the unit.
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
If you're really desperate, Sony Parts has it for $38.40 (part number A1732038A).
Nice find. Whopper price. Shows not in stock.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
sebastienbillard
Connoisseur
sebastienbillard is on a distinguished road

Device: none
If you don't find a Sony Stylus and accept other ones, Dealextreme sell extremely cheap replacement styluses (styli ?) designed for Nintendo DS : http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.stylus

Last edited by sebastienbillard; 11-06-2009 at 02:06 PM.
sebastienbillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I have to be careful with the stylus in my 700, it doesn't fit in it's slot very tight; it comes out easily. It's not a big deal of course, but I didn't have a problem with the stylus from my previous two models, a 505 and the previous 700.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #8
SirBaldMan
SirBaldMan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch
Sony parts now lists the stylus for $14.99, still rather expensive. My wife managed to break her's this week.
SirBaldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #9
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent View Post

I'm a Palm PDA user and found the stylus that came with my PDA almost unusable (far too thin and too short for my hand). This led me to search for an alternative.

What works for me is a stylus refill. It fits in a standard Cross-type pen and turns the pen into a stylus. For me it has the following advantages: (1) Since it fits inside a standard Cross pen it has the same weight and feel as a pen and you can choose the type of pen that you want, (2) the tip can be retracted when not in use to protect it from damage, (3) although it doesn't fit in my PDA I carry it in my pocket just like any other pen, and (4) it's not very expensive (I paid less than $10 for stylus refill, not including the cost of the pen). Although my current ebook reader doesn't make use of a stylus, I'd have no problem using my stylus with any ebook reader.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #10
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
With the $6 shipping charge you will come in right at $20. Why dont you try to find a wood dowel at Home Depot that has the proper diameter? Maybe a hobby shop would have a selection as well. Another try might be a small paint brush that has the right diameter.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I really wouldn't use a wooden stylus - you may scratch the screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I have several pens that include a stylus tip that I got at various stores like Staples, WalMart, etc. They were nice, fat pens, where you could select a stylus tip, ballpoint pen, or pencil. They worked great on my old Sony Clie pda. They were quite cheap - 4 or 5 dollars, I think.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I really wouldn't use a wooden stylus - you may scratch the screen.
I've got screen protectors on my Readers.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #14
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I've got screen protectors on my Readers.
What kind do you have, and would you recommend them?
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #15
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma

I have different protectors for the 600 and the 900. The 600 protectors are on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Lexerd-PRS-600...5827224&sr=8-1

I purchased the 900 protectors on Ebay from Hong Kong based on a discussion I found in this forum. I don't recall the details.

In both cases I found the protectors great.