Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #646
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
?
The T450 has a 64 bit data bus and a 32 bit address bus.
Is that compatible?
?
No idea, I'm afraid. Sorry.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #647
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Still no Asus Chromebox at Amazon that's sold by Amazon. They have one sold by some company that's overcharging for it. They're selling the $179 unit for $228.99 ($216.59 + 12.40 shipping). That's $50 too much and highway robbery!

I'm in no hurry. I'll wait until Amazon gets it in stock.
Try B&H:

B&H

ASUS Chromebox M004U Desktop Computer (Dark Mineral Blue)
B&H # ASCBM004U ■ Mfr # CHROMEBOX-M004U
New Item, Available for pre-order
Free Shipping (USA)
You Pay: $178.99

B&H Chromebox
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2014, 12:20 AM   #648
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Try B&H:
Thanks; but I'll pass. The only mail order company I'll deal with is Amazon.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #649
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Acer C720 refurb $150

From Acer, selling through Amazon's store, is the refurbished Acer C720-2802 for $150 shipped (plus any tax).
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:10 AM   #650
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Photos of the Asus C200 Chromebook leak online.

Quote:
Here are some features (marketing jargon) stated on one of the product stickers:

All-day battery life
Larger touchpad
Ultra thin and light
High-quality audio
100GB free storage with Google Drive (2 years)
Free Chrome apps
Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #651
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks; but I'll pass. The only mail order company I'll deal with is Amazon.
I understand the hesitance. As an amateur photographer, I have ordered many items from B&H over the years and found them to be almost as reliable a source as Amazon. The only thing that makes them less reliable is that they don't ship during Jewish holidays. B&H's reputation is as high as it can be.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:27 AM   #652
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sregener View Post
I understand the hesitance. As an amateur photographer, I have ordered many items from B&H over the years and found them to be almost as reliable a source as Amazon. The only thing that makes them less reliable is that they don't ship during Jewish holidays. B&H's reputation is as high as it can be.
How is that being unreliable? They say they won't do business on Jewish holidays (and Shabbos) and that's exactly what they do, in a very consistent manner.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #653
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
How is that being unreliable? They say they won't do business on Jewish holidays (and Shabbos) and that's exactly what they do, in a very consistent manner.
Indeed. I have gone to Amazon instead on occasion to take advantage of two day Prime because B&H would have taken a few extra days because of a holiday. That just means that I'm compulsive, not that B&H is unreliable. If you happen to be in the area, the physical B&H is a fun place to shop.

I've had good luck with Adorama for photo and telescope stuff as well, over the years.
I'm not sure how the returns and customer service of any of the NYC places compare to Amazon, though.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #654
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
How is that being unreliable?
Only by the definition of: I want it now, holidays be darned.

From the definition of: does what they say they'll do, when they say they'll do it, B&H is at the top of the heap.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #655
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sregener View Post
Only by the definition of: I want it now, holidays be darned.

From the definition of: does what they say they'll do, when they say they'll do it, B&H is at the top of the heap.
Yep.

Over the years I've been a regular, but small, customer of B&H. I've always found them to be completely honest and reliable with great service ... but, for whatever reason, I seem to be geared to contemplating potential purchases during the week, making my decisions on Friday ... and I'm always, always surprised to find that I can't place an order until Saturday night.

The only thing unreliable is my memory!
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #656
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I have gone to Amazon instead on occasion to take advantage of two day Prime because B&H would have taken a few extra days because of a holiday. That just means that I'm compulsive, not that B&H is unreliable. If you happen to be in the area, the physical B&H is a fun place to shop. . . .
The thing I dislike about B&H's physical store is the number of queues and checkout points the customer is herded through before being allowed to exit. I understand the need for precautions, but no one wants to go through airport security unless they must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I'm not sure how the returns and customer service of any of the NYC places compare to Amazon, though. I've had good luck with Adorama for photo and telescope stuff as well, over the years.
I don't know that anyone rivals Amazon's returns and customer service. The advantage to B&H is this: The customer always knows their purchase is genuine. In cases in which a particular product sold by Amazon is reported to be a fake in customer reviews, B&H seems to be a safer option.

I've bought things from Adorama's physical stores on a few occasions. I've had no problems with them but did think they had a hard-sell style of pitching that could translate into a difficult return process if something went wrong.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:49 AM   #657
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Chrome Tablet Anyone?

Will we soon see our first Chrome OS tablet? We'll find out in April

Quote:
Summary: An Acer event at the end of April may signal the unveiling of the world's first Chrome OS-powered tablet. Could it give the platform the push it needs to be a success?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #658
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
The thing I dislike about B&H's physical store is the number of queues and checkout points the customer is herded through before being allowed to exit. I understand the need for precautions, but no one wants to go through airport security unless they must.
I don't remember that. I remember going from department to department, floor to floor, felt like going through IKEA. Been a couple years since I was there last.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #659
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
I'm picturing an online retailer run by Walter from the Big Lebowski.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:23 AM   #660
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Acer C720P Touchscreen Chromebook on sale at Best Buy for $249

Today Only - Wed 09 Apr

details here