View Poll Results: What do you think ?
Good Idea 6 54.55%
Lousy Idea 1 9.09%
Don't Care 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Order of Custom Columns in Edit Metadata

I would like to be able to control the order in which Custom Columns are presented in the Edit Metadata dialogue

I would envisage another tab in Look & Feel Preferences for Edit Metadata which would display the Custom Columns and allow the ordering of them as is done elsewhere with the green up & down arrows

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-10-2013 at 11:50 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I would like to be able to control the order in which Custom Columns are presented in the Edit Metadata dialogue

I would envisage another tab in Look & Feel Preferences for Edit Metadata which would display the Custom Columns and allow the ordering of them as is done elsewhere with the green up & down arrows
Preferences: Tweaks (I will let you look for it)

No Arrows, You will need to type the comma separated List of those you want FIRST (those not listed, will fall as they might after those chosen)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks

Is that newish - I looked in Tweaks some months back for it, although I know better how to find things in there these days.

And voila it works

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-11-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks

Is that newish - I looked in Tweaks some months back for it, although I know better how to find things in there these days.

And voila it works

BR
Been there just about as long as the alternate Behavior: 'All on one tab' (for single book meta edit)
Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Took me a while to find the different layouts for md edit - I use compact.

If anyone's wonders who voted 'Lousy Idea' - that was me :lol:
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preferences: Tweaks (I will let you look for it)

No Arrows, You will need to type the comma separated List of those you want FIRST (those not listed, will fall as they might after those chosen)
When I try this I get this error:

calibre, version 0.9.22
ERROR: Invalid tweaks: The tweaks you entered are invalid, try resetting the tweaks to default and changing them one by one until you find the invalid setting.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\tweaks.py", line 417, in commit
File "<string>", line 572
Qt = <class 'PyQt4.QtCore.Qt'>
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I've followed the instructions carefully, but no go.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
When I try this I get this error:

calibre, version 0.9.22
ERROR: Invalid tweaks: The tweaks you entered are invalid, try resetting the tweaks to default and changing them one by one until you find the invalid setting.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\tweaks.py", line 417, in commit
File "<string>", line 572
Qt = <class 'PyQt4.QtCore.Qt'>
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I've followed the instructions carefully, but no go.
@beckywc

it should look something like this - note the single quotes ('), commas (,) and crunchies (#)

Code:
['#meta', '#metachecked', '#status', '#last_action_date', '#last_action']
obviously with your column names

BR
Old 03-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #8
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@beckywc

it should look something like this - note the single quotes ('), commas (,) and crunchies (#)

Code:
['#meta', '#metachecked', '#status', '#last_action_date', '#last_action']
obviously with your column names

BR
I did do that exactly and keep getting the error. I've even tried adding one at a time and get an error.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
So what you have in the Edit tweak window is something like the below? Show us (copy & paste) exactly everything you have in that tweak window.

Code:
# Order of custom column(s) in edit metadata

metadata_edit_custom_column_order = ['#meta', '#metachecked', '#status', '#last_action_date', '#last_action']
If your window is essentially the same then you need to restore your tweaks to default. Restart calibre, Make sure things are working. Then reenter your tweaks back in one at a time.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
beckywc
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
So what you have in the Edit tweak window is something like the below? Show us (copy & paste) exactly everything you have in that tweak window.

Code:
# Order of custom column(s) in edit metadata

metadata_edit_custom_column_order = ['#meta', '#metachecked', '#status', '#last_action_date', '#last_action']
If your window is essentially the same then you need to restore your tweaks to default. Restart calibre, Make sure things are working. Then reenter your tweaks back in one at a time.

Good Luck.
When I hit Restore Defaults and then Apply I get the same error as above.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
When I hit Restore Defaults and then Apply I get the same error as above.
'Tweaks' window is weird. There are are 2 Apply Buttons and 2 Restore Buttons (the Top one resets All Tweaks)

First: You need to use the Bottom one (Apply) for EACH tweak (section) you change,
'Restore (this tweak's) Default' Button at the Bottom: applies to the Single Tweak shown, (You still will need need to Apply it )

Second: After all changes:
Then, you use the TOP one, to save and Leave.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #12
beckywc
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
'Tweaks' window is weird. There are are 2 Apply Buttons and 2 Restore Buttons (the Top one resets All Tweaks)

First: You need to use the Bottom one (Apply) for EACH tweak (section) you change,
'Restore (this tweak's) Default' Button at the Bottom: applies to the Single Tweak shown, (You still will need need to Apply it )

Second: After all changes:
Then, you use the TOP one, to save and Leave.
I know I did that, but still getting the error. I've tried using bottom reset, hitting apply button, then top apply button and I get the error.

I enter the order I want custom metadata to be. I then hit the bottom apply button. then the Apply button on top and get the same error. This is an example of what I've entered (copied and pasted from the tweaks window):

metadata_edit_custom_column_order = ['#collection', '#genre', '#book']

I still keep getting the same error.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to Preferences->Miscellaneous->Open configuration directory. Find a file in that directory called tweaks.py. Delete it, then restart calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
beckywc
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Go to Preferences->Miscellaneous->Open configuration directory. Find a file in that directory called tweaks.py. Delete it, then restart calibre.
Thanks that worked.