Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
gazdic
gazdic began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
chm files

I own PocketBook 602 and I cannot open .chm file in this reader (for example medicine book), although device support this format. All .chm files that I tried to open are OK in PC.

Has anyone this problem?
gazdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Are you using the fbreader to open them? Never had any issues myself.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #3
gazdic

chm

i do not use fbreader - opening .chm file in PC works without special reader (in PC is Microsoft HTML Help Control to open this files), in PB I work with original FW 2.0.2 to open all supported files.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Just for clarification, fbreader is in fact one of the programs in the original firmware. It's used for most formats, while Adobe can be used for PDF and epub, and there are separate viewers for pictures, pdf and DjVu. In the Making FBReader and pdfviewer default viewers thread there's an explanation of extensions.cfg, which controls which viewer is used for each format, and .chm is indeed shown with fbreader.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
gazdic

Well, you are right, thank you for explanation. So, I realized, that my PB uses FBReader to open .chm file.
Message during opeing is "fbreader cannot open file due to damaged or protected file". But I think all my chm files are OK (nor protected neither damaged), so I dont know what I can try next

thank you for advice
Advert