Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Deleting Books but not Folders from Library

Hi:

Can someone tell me where the setting is to tell Calibre to delete the empty folder when deleting books from the library?
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Can someone tell me where the setting is to tell Calibre to delete the empty folder when deleting books from the library?
There is no setting.

Calibre will delete empty folders automatically. In some operating systems though if a folder is open and in use it may not be able to be deleted or if there are still files in the folder that may have been created outside of calibre it may not be deleted. Calibre does not want to delete a folder that has files in it.

Normally though folders are routinely deleted/moved/renamed as the metadata changes.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you think perhaps this is something with Win7? I have admin rights and UAC is always off but I am finding that Calibre is not deleting the empty folders of books which I have deleted, especially for those when I select the option to merge the books and delete the others.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Do you think perhaps this is something with Win7? I have admin rights and UAC is always off but I am finding that Calibre is not deleting the empty folders of books which I have deleted, especially for those when I select the option to merge the books and delete the others.
I don't have Win7 so I can't say. If the folders are not "Read-only" and if they are truly empty (no hidden search indexes or other hidden files) then they should be deleted.

Was your library's directory empty when you first installed calibre or was it populated with your source files?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

It was empty prior to Calibre using it. But no worries, I'll just search the net for a folder deleting program.
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
It was empty prior to Calibre using it. But no worries, I'll just search the net for a folder deleting program.
The program Remove Empty Directories (RED) is a good freeware one. It would also show if the folders are really empty.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Do you think perhaps this is something with Win7?
I have Win7 Pro, and as far as I can tell, the folders are deleted every time.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Then it has to be something on my system preventing it, maybe it is because my directories is on a network drive. Thanks all for the information.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Then it has to be something on my system preventing it, maybe it is because my directories is on a network drive. Thanks all for the information.
I am running with Calibre on Windows 7 Pro, and my books on a network drive (on a NAS) and am not encountering this problem. There is not therefore a fundamental issue in Calibre in this area. It must be something specific to your environment - but spotting it will be the problem.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote