Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Need your help to keep free 3g!

PLEASE add your comment at the following link saying you do not want these links to "theft of free 3G" published at hackaday.

http://hackaday.com/2012/02/27/tethe...comment-590261

The hackaday site generates VERY MUCH traffic. We do not want our free 3G to go away because of this posting. Thanks.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-27-2012 at 03:13 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I won't add further comments to that article. It would be arguing for a lost cause there, I'm sorry. Snooping authentification is "n00b script kiddie" stuff, so that's whom you're arguing with. They've already made their decision against ethical hacking, and they currently think they can be real great haxxxors because of the fuzz the article makes. That's sad, but all arguing will make them just angry kids, critical reflection isn't what they're about.

I guess this would be more a case for a well-thought-out blog post about hacker ethics. Now if only I hadn't decided against a personal blog back 10 years ago :-)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
I guess this would be more a case for a well-thought-out blog post about hacker ethics. Now if only I hadn't decided against a personal blog back 10 years ago :-)
I posted multiple comments in the past about treating amazon nice because they treat us nice (the Golden Rule).

Script kiddies... may their moms, kick them out of the basement...

I guess they never heard of "white hat hackers" (the good guys). I was in a University-sponsored computer hacking club (so they could learn from us) back in the days before script kiddies gave ALL hackers a bad name in the public eye.

You are right. It is a waste of time and brings out their anger in a "mob mentality" way. Trying to give them a little gentle guidance could start a riot when they are looking for trouble in the first place (why they were there).

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-27-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I posted multiple comments in the past about treating amazon nice because they treat us nice (the Golden Rule).

Script kiddies... may their moms, kick them out of the basement...
There isn't much that will change the mind of a script kddie - but somebody point them to this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...76&postcount=1

It might discourage some of that mis-use.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
PLEASE add your comment at the following link saying you do not want these links to "theft of free 3G" published at hackaday.

http://hackaday.com/2012/02/27/tethe...comment-590261

The hackaday site generates VERY MUCH traffic. We do not want our free 3G to go away because of this posting. Thanks.

Done! Also, there are a bunch of crazy commenters there from whom I can't understand their reasoning!
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
I don't think Amazon will punish us all for this. If Amazon catches anyone using these scripts to get free 3g on other devices Amazon can and will most likely ban those people and disable the 3g on the device in question.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
I don't think Amazon will punish us all for this. If Amazon catches anyone using these scripts to get free 3g on other devices Amazon can and will most likely ban those people and disable the 3g on the device in question.
Except that they have ALREADY restricted 3G on the new kindles 4 mini and kindle 5 touch. They could easily do this to the older kindles too, even though some of us paid a LOT more money for them not that long ago...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
geekmaster

Script Kiddies are attracted to Hackaday posts like this one, like files are to sh!t.

Sadly, the following comment from there is not unusual:

HackJack says:
February 27, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Why is everyone acting like this is the first bit of news posted about this? People have been doing this for a LONG time and there are MANY tutorials out there on how to do it.

I’ve been tethered to my kindle for 6 months, using it as my main internet connection. With browsing and utorrent I’ve racked up over 46GB. No disconnection here!

Trying to talk sense into them only brings out their mob mentality.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-27-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Yes, exactly the point in my previous post.

I don't know, but sometimes, because of people like this guy (who finally make both themselves and others at a disadvantage), I think maybe information shouldn't be easily available!!! ? source shouldn't be really open, etc. I don't know but it just pisses me off! but well it's just how world is.

Well I'm moody a bit now, I guess!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-28-2012 at 12:26 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #10
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Script Kiddies are attracted to Hackaday posts like this one, like files are to sh!t.

Sadly, the following comment from there is not unusual:

HackJack says:
February 27, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Why is everyone acting like this is the first bit of news posted about this? People have been doing this for a LONG time and there are MANY tutorials out there on how to do it.

I’ve been tethered to my kindle for 6 months, using it as my main internet connection. With browsing and utorrent I’ve racked up over 46GB. No disconnection here!

OMG! Can't believe these people even use it to download BitTorrent sources. when will these script kddie grow up.

Guess they can be only stopped by AMAZON.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #11
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
OMG! Can't believe these people even use it to download BitTorrent sources. when will these script kddie grow up.

Guess they can be only stopped by AMAZON.
Same people that shit on police cars in front of a live film crew at Occupy movements...

Freedom does not mean you can freely shit on people or their property... That is just uncivilized animal behavior. They need to be put in cages so they do not bite people...

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-28-2012 at 02:38 AM.