Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
bluejoni
bluejoni began at the beginning.

Device: Libre
Freezing/ locking up/ closing during add books

I have tried searching the forums, but I am not finding anything I can really use.

Calibre was working great until I finally had the time to try and add all of my ebooks into it. I use to only add the books I was about to read with in the next few weeks so 60 or so files at a time. I would love to get all 10+ Gigs of books loaded into calibre and get everything all nice and organized.....

However when I try to add books any way other than one at a time calibre freezes, windows gives me the "calibre encountered a problem and needs to close"
Calibre closes and when I open it back up it did load up until the error (normally around 3% of the books I am trying to load) but the debug is empty other than trying to find a connected device.

I am running windows xp service pack 3 and calibre newest version on the computer I want to use (which is a brand new netbook)

I get the same results on my windows 7 computer, I was trying to make sure it wasn't the netbook not being able to handle the load
bluejoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what formats are these books in?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
bluejoni

Mostly .pdf, .lit and .mobi there are a few.. very few .html and .doc
Old 09-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
bluejoni

So I downgraded versions and I am (after three hours!) only at 13% but that is a lot further that I have gotten...950 books and counting.

edit... typo

Last edited by bluejoni; 09-07-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I would suggest going to preferences->plugins->metadata reader plugins and disabling the pdf metadata reader.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert