Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Tapatalk HD

Has come out of beta, special price of $0.99 today only (regular price is $4.99).

Play store link
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Grabbed it, thanks.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
STrucks
STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Got mine. Thanks.
STrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Got it, loving it.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
What's the difference?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
What's the difference?
The layout is optimized for tablets, it has a sidebar for the list of posts, or timeline, and the post opens on the right side.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The sidebar takes up way too much space, and you can't minimise it for some bizarre reason. Personally I have gone back to the non HD version.
Hopskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskinny View Post
The sidebar takes up way too much space, and you can't minimise it for some bizarre reason. Personally I have gone back to the non HD version.
What tablet were you running it on? I use it on the Nook Tablet and the layout looks good to me.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds optimized for larger tablets or landscape... I think I'll skip it.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #10
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
I don't think that's the case, works fine on 7" as well.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I don't think that's the case, works fine on 7" as well.
I already think that the width I have is barely wide enough... Add a sidebar and you'll have even less width.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #12
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
I already think that the width I have is barely wide enough... Add a sidebar and you'll have even less width.
Like so many things, it's just a matter of opinion. This is how it looks on my nook tablet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-17-09-08-42.png
Views:	406
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	99561  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
It changes based on Landscape or portrait mode.

Quote:
Not the case at all. This is what it looks like on my Nexus 7 in portrait mode. As you can see the sidebar does not detract from message space. When viewing messages the full screen is used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-17 12.46.46.png
Views:	390
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	99563   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-17 12.47.10.png
Views:	342
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	99564  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-17-2013 at 12:54 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #14
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
What tablet were you running it on? I use it on the Nook Tablet and the layout looks good to me.
I am running it on a Nexus 7 and think it is horrible compared with the original non HD version. I fail to see why the designers think they have improved anything. Change for the sake of change if you ask me!
Hopskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #15
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
On my 7" I absolutely prefer the non-HD. I prefer portrait mode and I think it's too narrow for the split screen. At least the way it's divided in the version I have (Beta).
I also use a 9" device occasionally, and on that one I kind of like the HD version. I haven't explored it enough to be sure if I actually prefer it.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote