Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 AM   #106
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Top work by all.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #107
renzokuk3n
renzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle 4 NT
hi,

while using librerator, i cant see the last line of a pdf document page which i can see using kindle official program. is it a way to resolve this?

and also, the pdf file named librerator is empty, is it normal or did i do something wrong (maybe it is the reason of the problem stated above)?

thank you for your support.
renzokuk3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #108
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzokuk3n View Post
hi,

while using librerator, i cant see the last line of a pdf document page which i can see using kindle official program. is it a way to resolve this?

and also, the pdf file named librerator is empty, is it normal or did i do something wrong (maybe it is the reason of the problem stated above)?

thank you for your support.
err... I am not actually sure what you mean... If you mean it does the "fadey out" thing that is an option IIRC.

Let me go quickly install this on the 4 and have a look.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #109
twobob

Okay so its installed. took literally less that 30 seconds.

I downloaded LibreratorK4NTshortcutkeys.pdf to /mnt/us/documents

and chose OPEN IN DOCUMENTS

I see LibreratorK4NTshortcutkeys.pdf - I click it and choose PDFReader

There's the shortcuts.

I press MENU and then SETTINGS...

I see "Turn overlap shading ON" so I dont think you were talking about that now... since it is off by default (I thought I recall him saying )

- I'll go add a long PDF now

DONE. I try "Fit to column height" , "Two column mode", "Manual" (eugh), "Fit to page", et al in the PDFReader... There are some pretty ugly settings for this stupidly hard to render technical document but it does as it is asked.

then I try REFLOW on the same document. I get "Rendering in background" occasionally as the document is huge. but the pages render perfectly and each overlap is managed correctly.

SO..

have you tried this on more than one PDF?

My results are: Perfect.

Last edited by twobob; 03-02-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #110
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think that "empty PDF" called Librerator is from Kite. It uses such files to trigger application starts. Of course, within Librerator, that PDF is still visible, but doesn't trigger a recursive action (or does it?). But instead of Kite, I'd suggest KUAL now.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #111
renzokuk3n
renzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle 4 NT
thanks for your support and effort...

i try to read / convert this pdf;

http://istihbaratdunyasi.files.wordp...aln-efendi.pdf

i think the problem of this file is that the bottom of page is so below thats why the program cant recognize the end of each page...

maybe i can convert it to doc document using abbyy pdf transformer and save it as .pdf file...
renzokuk3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #112
twobob

Quote:

i think the problem of this file is that the bottom of page is so below thats why the program cant recognize the end of each page...

maybe i can convert it to doc document using abbyy pdf transformer and save it as .pdf file...
okay i grabbed it - Ill have a look later
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #113
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:

Sorry for the late reply. I downloaded the file you linked, and it works properly on my K3. It does show all the lines that Foxit Reader on my PC shows. I recomend using 2-column zoom mode for reading that document.

Last line on the page does disappear in reflow mode. I'm not sure if it can be rectified using different settings of reflow mode - I don't use reflow much - but you can try it using Settings.../Reflow settings... dialog. You can also ask chrox about it - he's the guy that gave us that nice reflow option .

Unrelated to the above - I would also recomend KUAL instead of Kite.

Regards,
Kai
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #114
Dreamescaper
Dreamescaper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by drauger View Post
Yesterday I had several anxious hours after trying Librerator on my K4. It worked, and I've tested several epub, pdf and chm files, but when I've pressed Exit, it has exited and in 3-4 seconds launched again. After 3 tries of exiting and self-relaunching, my kindle has started to reboot, but Librerator has started again, and new reboot has followed. After 2 or 3 reboot cycles I've seen "Your Kindle needs repair" message and the word 'framework" in the bottom of kindle's screen. Brick. Even USB disc was not seen by PC.
I had the same problem. I've opened [LINK DELETED] this file in PDF Reflow mode, turned over few pages, and my kindle has started to reboot and bricked after few reboots. I've debricked it with Kubrick.
P.S. At first my screen was just like drauger had("Your Kindle needs repair","framework"), but after a reboot there also was "kite is launched" or something like that.

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-14-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: removed link to copyright material
Dreamescaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #115
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
WOW!
Long time without looking at new software for the KDX... lots has happened!
Last try was Duokan English...
This Librerator is marvellous. Many thanks and big thumbs up.

Is there a repository of shortcuts somewhere? I found some on the kindlepdfviewer page, others on the thread, and wondering if I am not looking in the right place.
playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:42 AM   #116
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@Playful

You can get a list of all available shortcuts on K2/KDX/K3 simply pressing "h" in Librerator/KindlePDFViewer. The lists on the web might be outdated.

Regards,
Kai
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #117
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Wow... and what a great list.
Fantastic, thank you Kai!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #118
playful
Mammal

Other question:
Does Librerator also install the font hack?
I might be dreaming.
Thought I had uninstalled the font hack a year and a half ago. After installing Librerator, for some reason I think the reading font on the regular Kindle mobi side changed. But maybe I am dreaming.

EDIT: found the ttf files for Caecilia, renamed and copied them to linkfonts/fonts, back to normal.

Last edited by playful; 03-29-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: problem solved
Old 03-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #119
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Has anyone tried this on k2 (kindle 2)? Thanks
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #120
dider
dider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: kindle4
Just installed Liberator on K4NT via KUAL and I have a tiny problem. (I have also DuoKan and Cool Reader installed on my Kindle - that info might be important.)

My Problem:
When I start Liberator via KUAL with "start in documents" option, Liberator starts with "invalid capture index" message, and it starts in some strange directory, where there are folders like: "DuoKan", "bin", "dev", ..., "mnt"... etc.

When I try to enter "/mnt/us/documents" manually, I get the the same error message again - "invalid capture index". Liberator doesn't enter the directory.

However, when I move the files to any other directory, for example "pdf" directory on root, Liberator has no problem entering the directory and I can access the files and load books from that directory with no issues.

Why Liberator doesn't read the "documents" directory on my Kindle? Is it some kind of conflict with DuoKan?
I have also Cool Reader installed, and it came with its own launchpad ini file - can this result with a conflict?

Last edited by dider; 04-02-2013 at 10:51 PM.
dider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader