Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #481
Abradoks
Abradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=293
That's a pretty minimal application with only two classes.
Well, that "minimal" app has like 300 lines and 32 imports.
Anyway, it was helpful. I don't really understand the reasons behind it, but when using SuicidalKindlet, SwingUtilities.invokeLater around exec made it work. With AbstractKindlet there is no need in magic — I probably just forgot to add jailbreak.enable, when I've tried it for the first time.
Sources of result are available there.
Abradoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #482
cristbo
Uno mas
cristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Off-topic
Or rather "off-site"

@forokd/cristbo: Please tell all of these people who are complaining about "Update error 3" that they are not following the instructions correctly.

They should use the "Update your Kindle" entry in settings, but they're doing it wrong again and again, by using the "Restart" entry instead - and this is guaranteed to give Error 003.

Gracias Maestro por estar vigilante

Last edited by cristbo; 08-06-2012 at 01:34 PM.
cristbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #483
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Quote:
I repeat: I don't own a K4, so I have no idea

The first thing would be to port the JBPatch core to the K4.

Then you could decompile the Home Booklet and check whether it looks anything like the one of the K5 (in particular, if you find the strings "LIST_VIEW_MODE" and/or "COVER_VIEW_MODE") in there, it's probably possible. But it still wouldn't be a piece of cake, because you'd have to do all the reverse engineering work again (well, if you're lucky, you might be able to benefit from some of the stuff I did for the K5).

Remembering from back when I got a K4 image for testing, the K5 and K4 jars are radically different (probably an entirely different code base), so the chances to actually find substantial (code) similarities between these framework is minimal.
I know, you don't have a K4. Was just taking the chance asking. There is always a possibility, that things work ...., so most likely the K4 stays as it is.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #484
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradoks View Post
Well, that "minimal" app has like 300 lines and 32 imports.
Anyway, it was helpful. I don't really understand the reasons behind it, but when using SuicidalKindlet, SwingUtilities.invokeLater around exec made it work. With AbstractKindlet there is no need in magic — I probably just forgot to add jailbreak.enable, when I've tried it for the first time.
Sources of result are available there.
Cool

Just notice that this way, your code is still restricted to access only the "whitelisted" classes (defined in com/amazon/kindle/kindlet/internal/security/whiteListedClassNames). But as long as it works... cool
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:13 AM   #485
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezh View Post
After upgrading from a Kindle Keyboard to a Kindle Touch in March, I have to admit there's one feature I do miss -- the progress bar at the bottom of the screen showing where you are at all times in a book.

If the TOC was formatted correctly, the chapters would also appear on the bar as nodes, which I found useful, too.

The Touch does show a progress bar, but only for periodicals, as far as I know.

IMHO, it would be great to be able to have this old functionality back, at least for those who miss it.
LOL, It's not just me then!
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #486
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hyphenation patch, version 2012-08-07

This update allows to modify the minimal prefix/suffix lengths of hyphenated words.

Download: http://ge.tt/4wapSaK/v/22

Make sure to also download the latest localization from: http://ge.tt/2Cfq0KL
Old 08-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #487
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
This update allows to modify the minimal prefix/suffix lengths of hyphenated words.

Make sure to also download the latest localization from: http://ge.tt/2Cfq0KL
Honestly how are you not working for Lab126? This stuff is great! (What I don't get is why they don't implement it in the stock firmware? From what I understand, most of the functionality is already there.)
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #488
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
Honestly how are you not working for Lab126? This stuff is great!
Well.... let's say it like this: I will be looking for a position soon. If anybody has something serious to offer, I may be interested. That goes to Amazon as well
Quote:
(What I don't get is why they don't implement it in the stock firmware? From what I understand, most of the functionality is already there.)
The "cover view" stuff has been in the original firmware, yes. All of the other stuff is "home-grown" and was developed from scratch.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #489
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Quote:

And again, it is so valuable not only to have someone who creates some of the most valuable additions to the ui there could be, but who is also a lateral thinker. I mean, how many coders out there would have stopped and thought to go back and implement this slider - after they could already just use hyphenation presets created by others.

Again, very useful indeed, thank you.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #490
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

I have a question about the cover view mode. I have all my books in collections and was wondering if I can change the icons for the collections, the default ones or customize each one? If not that's fine, just thought I would ask.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #491
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Wink Scrollbar usable for ToCs?

Hi, Ixtab.

I would want the usable scrollbars patch to be usable also in Tables of Contest. I take long time in some law books scrolling as a pig to find something.

Thanks for listening and for everything.

P.S.: Bug report: The new hyphenation patch is not showing correctly the description in the configurations, only the var name (min.lenght.preffix, for example).
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #492
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
Hi, Ixtab.

P.S.: Bug report: The new hyphenation patch is not showing correctly the description in the configurations, only the var name (min.lenght.preffix, for example).
That's not a bug. I explicitly wrote that you need to update (re-download) the localization file.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #493
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
I have a question about the cover view mode. I have all my books in collections and was wondering if I can change the icons for the collections, the default ones or customize each one? If not that's fine, just thought I would ask.
Simple answer: no
Old 08-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #494
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
What's happened to the JBPatch wiki page?
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #495
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBigStuff View Post
What's happened to the JBPatch wiki page?
Bill
Wrong person to ask.
Ask Dalede (the wiki moderator), he is the one recorded as having deleted the page.

You (and everyone else that wants it back) may have to PM him.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks