Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #31
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Wow, thanks for the detailed response!
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #32
IvoSenden
Reading is no multitask
IvoSenden doesn't litterIvoSenden doesn't litterIvoSenden doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafaforza View Post
What's the situation with the covers? I like to carry my 505 in the back pocket of my jeans.
If you can fit the 505 with regular cover in your back pocket, then the 650 with regular cover must be no problem, since it is about half an inch smaller.
IvoSenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:27 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafaforza View Post
What's the situation with the covers? I like to carry my 505 in the back pocket of my jeans.
Do you realize you are just waiting for your 505 to get broken? Do you really want to keep on taking such a risk?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:57 AM   #34
JvdW
Zealot
JvdW doesn't litterJvdW doesn't litter

Device: Palm T5, Sony PRS-505, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoSenden View Post
Too bad I don't have one of those, so I'll still end up buying one. But I have no doubt I will find one that's much cheaper than the € 35,- goldplated, magical AC charger from Sony ;-)
Just in case you haven't bought the expensive one from Sony. Check dealextreme.com. The might have a charger that works and mostly its cheap. I got my psp charger from there for about 2-3 bucks.

Regards,

Joop

Last edited by JvdW; 10-08-2010 at 04:02 AM. Reason: spelling
JvdW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:59 AM   #35
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
Thanks for the comparison - I'm soooo tempted by the 650. Only problem is that it feels a little disloyal to my 505. Do you think a ménage à trois would work?
Well, your 505 might feel depressed the first time you press on her screen to select a book, then remember that she just doesn't respond the same way the Touch edition does....

(I actually just tried that little maneouver on my 300 after getting used to the 650 touch screen...and it took a couple of blinks before I remembered the 300 isn't a touch screen!)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #36
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
I'm ordering the 650 from abt.com today. I already had the Gomadic charger for my 505 and went to Gomadic.com and ordered just the tip for the new 650. It was $5.95 plus $4.10 shipping so if you already have the Gomadic charger that's a cheaper way to go. Amazon.com has the Gomadic charger for the 650 including tip for $19.95 plus shipping so it's still better than Sony's price.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contrast, prs-505, prs-650, screen