Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #16
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I thought the Zelda pic would be a dead giveaway in this crowd...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #17
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
That was AWESOME and very creative!

Everybody loves a rebus puzzle!!
Not me! Next thing people will start talking in morse or binary or hex or something and then I'll get a sharp, stabbing pain behind my left id and then get cranky and then things will go dark and be followed by the sudden scent of bananas, and I hate it when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I thought the Zelda pic would be a dead giveaway in this crowd...
I once offered someone a dead giveaway, and then the police turned up. Hey, it wasn't as if I killed it; I found it on the side of the road!

Cheers,
Marc (Are you gonna eat that?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #18
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Not me! Next thing people will start talking in morse or binary or hex or something and then I'll get a sharp, stabbing pain behind my left id and then get cranky and then things will go dark and be followed by the sudden scent of bananas, and I hate it when that happens.
Okay, I stand corrected. Everybody under the age of 10 loves a rebus puzzle. I do agree with you on the ralking in code thing. I listen to kids talk to each other using "text speak" and it drives me crazy!! OMG, LOL, etc. Please! And my parents got miffed when we used words like Groovy and Far Out!!

Quote:
I once offered someone a dead giveaway, and then the police turned up. Hey, it wasn't as if I killed it; I found it on the side of the road!

Cheers,
Marc (Are you gonna eat that?)
Yuk!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #19
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Okay, I stand corrected. Everybody under the age of 10 loves a rebus puzzle. I do agree with you on the ralking in code thing. I listen to kids talk to each other using "text speak" and it drives me crazy!! OMG, LOL, etc. Please! And my parents got miffed when we used words like Groovy and Far Out!!
that's definitely my excuse, then ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #20
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
that was really awesome! cool!..

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #21
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm stuck in Continuing Education Land, so I haven't had time to come up with some more hippos, birdies, two ewes, or Zeldas, so I have to dredge this up from last year.

Sort of like re-gifting...

Happy day, my very good friend!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #22
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Zelda, my royal highness (and not just from the ZCD fumes), I would gift you sweet baby Jesus on a cracker if I could (apparently they're "out of stock", and I didn't think you'd want surly teenage Ganesh on a chapati), but instead I am a cheap bastiche and offer you a forum post instead. Happy Birthday, queenliest of queens, sweetest of the sweet, pastriest of pastries. My $2 Reject Shop love to you (may contain some flaws, warranty not valid, no cash refunds, store credit only, thank-you and come again).

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 09-24-2010 at 09:04 PM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #24
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
OH.

It was "Hippo Birdy to Ewes"..........not "Hippo Birdy Ewe Ewe....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
aw pshrynk. you're so sweet. and i still love your hippos, birdies, and two ewes just as much this year as last.

thank you too, geoff.

marc... well, admit it though, the zcd fumes do tend to have an effect... you're right about surly teenage ganesh on a chapati, but coming from you, a forum post is the nicest gift of all.

thanks to all of you.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #26
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
OH.

It was "Hippo Birdy to Ewes"..........not "Hippo Birdy Ewe Ewe....
Hippo birdie two ewes
Hippo birdie two ewes
Hippo birdie deer Zelda
Hippo birdie two ewes

The above translation was provided for the cognitively slowed amongst us.

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
(runs to look up "cognitively".........then runs to look for stick but forgot where she put it.....)

Never said I was the brightest crayon in the box...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #28
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Hippo Birdy two Ewe!

more zcd fumes for everyone! Where's the party this time? They misplaced my house during the last party, so if it's still at my house, I don't know where it is....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #29
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
that was so brilliant! I did not get it all
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #30
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Belated Happy Birthday, Your Majesty. Red was out target practicing at the Texas Board of Education...I had to go bail him out.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zelda