Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Smile Hello, my name is Peggy

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and very new to ebooks.

I just ordered a Sony E Reader yesterday. it was shipped and will be here tomorrow. I simply can't wait to start loading some books and reading.

I thought I would join you so I can learn as much as I can.

I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Take care,
Peggy
GypsyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Peggy, enjoy the 505
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Hello Peggy, enjoy the 505
Hello to you too!

I hope I do.

Right after I ordered the Sony, the Kindle went on sale. I was, of course, torn between the 2. I have read good and bad about both units. But I like Sony products and the price was right.

At least I now know where to go for answers if I need them. Here!

Have a nice night!
Old 05-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Peggy and welcome to the Forum. I have a Sony 505 and like it a lot. I've had it since January and am still very pleased with it. And, I had my hands on a Kindle for a week last month and, after playing with it for all that time, I'm glad I have the Sony.

Be sure and let us know how you like your Sony when you get it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
GypsyWoman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Peggy and welcome to the Forum. I have a Sony 505 and like it a lot. I've had it since January and am still very pleased with it. And, I had my hands on a Kindle for a week last month and, after playing with it for all that time, I'm glad I have the Sony.

Be sure and let us know how you like your Sony when you get it.
Hi and thank you for the welcome!

I have a feeling I will like the Sony, DH said I could go ahead and buy the Kindle if I really wanted since the price dropped. I told him I'll wait and see if I like the Sony.

The Sony has a lot of features I like a lot but one feature it doesn't have and I really wished it did. I would love it if it had a dictionary. That was the only big negative for me.

Have a good evening!
Peggy
Advert
Old 05-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Peggy. I ordered my Kindle in January and it was delivered in mid-February. About 2 weeks after I received the Kindle, I was in a Border's store that had a Sony PRS 505 on display. After handling it, I knew that I could have been happy with the Sony -- but I didn't like it so much that I sent my Kindle back to Amazon.

I am a very happy Kindle owner, but am thinking about picking up another device or two just because I'm a gadget geek. I'm jealous of those guys who have multiple devices! And, having the Sony would be an advantage here at MobileRead because there are some book makers who have uploaded only Sony versions (LRF/BBeB) of the books they have made. I'm struggling to master BookDesigner so I can fill in the gap by producing MobiPocket formats of some of those books that I'd like to have. At the rate I'm failing, it would be cheaper to spend the money for a Sony reader instead of spending so many hours trying to beat BookDesigner into submission.

You should have a very good time here at MobileRead -- the gang is helpful and friendly, there are lots of wonderfully formatted books to download, and it's a great place to keep up with all that's happening in the world of e-Books.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
Rasczak
Rasczak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Nice to meet you.
Rasczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #8
GypsyWoman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Hello Peggy. I ordered my Kindle in January and it was delivered in mid-February. About 2 weeks after I received the Kindle, I was in a Border's store that had a Sony PRS 505 on display. After handling it, I knew that I could have been happy with the Sony -- but I didn't like it so much that I sent my Kindle back to Amazon.

I am a very happy Kindle owner, but am thinking about picking up another device or two just because I'm a gadget geek. I'm jealous of those guys who have multiple devices! And, having the Sony would be an advantage here at MobileRead because there are some book makers who have uploaded only Sony versions (LRF/BBeB) of the books they have made. I'm struggling to master BookDesigner so I can fill in the gap by producing MobiPocket formats of some of those books that I'd like to have. At the rate I'm failing, it would be cheaper to spend the money for a Sony reader instead of spending so many hours trying to beat BookDesigner into submission.

You should have a very good time here at MobileRead -- the gang is helpful and friendly, there are lots of wonderfully formatted books to download, and it's a great place to keep up with all that's happening in the world of e-Books.
Hello!!

I am so glad I found this site. I had no idea there was this much information out there. This is wonderful.

I agree I think I will like the Sony. I love the look of it over the Kindle. And that is so important for a girl, lol. I wish I could have both myself. Perhaps one day.

I can already see that the people on this site are amazing. I am really enjoying reading the posts. I have already gotten some very helpful information quickly.

I know I am going to spend a lot of time here.

I can't wait to get my Sony and start downloading. I see so many books I want and I am excited to get started.

Have a lovely night!

Peggy
Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #9
GypsyWoman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
Nice to meet you.
Hi there and it's very nice to meet you too!!

Have good night!!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #10
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome to MR. Yes there is much information here but sometimes we do get wordy. You'll need to pick & choose until you digest some of our stuff. Be sure to check out the wiki. I'm now with a Cybook but started with the Sony 500 when it first came out. However I'd been reading on my Palm TX for quite some time before that. They each have some unique good points and share many more.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #11
GypsyWoman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Welcome to MR. Yes there is much information here but sometimes we do get wordy. You'll need to pick & choose until you digest some of our stuff. Be sure to check out the wiki. I'm now with a Cybook but started with the Sony 500 when it first came out. However I'd been reading on my Palm TX for quite some time before that. They each have some unique good points and share many more.
Hi and thanks for the welcome!

Wordy is okay, more words = more info......sometimes, lol.

What's a wiki?

Have a good night!!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #12
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyWoman View Post
Hi and thanks for the welcome!

Wordy is okay, more words = more info......sometimes, lol.

What's a wiki?

Have a good night!!
When you are logged in, look at the top of the page & you'll see;

Home | Forums | Wiki | etc.

Click on the Wiki to go there. Wiki is a way of putting all sorts of information together for easy reference.

Have fun.

Last edited by slayda; 05-30-2008 at 11:41 AM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #13
GypsyWoman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
When you are logged in, look at the top of the page & you'll see;

Home | Forums | Wiki | etc.

Click on the Wiki to go there. Wiki is a way of putting al sorts of information together for easy reference.

Have fun.

This is a great web site. I can't believe how helpful everyone is.

Take care
Peggy
Old 05-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
'Wiki' is originally an Hawaiian word (or at least that's the first place I ran across it) meaning quick
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
GypsyWoman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
'Wiki' is originally an Hawaiian word (or at least that's the first place I ran across it) meaning quick
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, there is a lot there. I would have never noticed wiki on top of the page if you hadn't told me about it.