Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #30481
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea for the day. So far, I have encountered no one with weapons.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #30482
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The gypsy rover came over the hill
Down through the valley so shady,
He whistled and he sang 'til the green woods rang,
And he won the heart of a lady.

She left behind her velvet gown
and shoes made out of Spanish leather
he whistled and he sang 'til the green woods rang,
To follow the gypsy rover.

Ah-de-do, ah-de-do-da-day,
Ah-de-do, ah-de-da-day
he whistled and he sang 'til the green woods rang,
And he won the heart of a lady.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzlM4t0WOxw )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Sunday! It looks like the perfect day to go roving over hill and dale... and so we shall! But first a mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea, a bowl of rice and some miso soup! The saddle up the pony and hit the trail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
First mug of tea for the day. So far, I have encountered no one with weapons.
If you see a skinny little girl with pigtails... run.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #30483
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm not a big guy... just 5'9", and she's not so small, although I am a head taller than she. She was sooo fast, and sooo accurate with her point control that only my reflexes and experience saved me from total disaster. She still beat me 5-3. She's only been fencing for a little over a year, so she hasn't much in the way of strategic planing yet. When she acquires that (and that only comes with experience,) she will be unstoppable. I predict this girl will make it to the World Cup finals before she's 18, if not the Olympics. I'm good. Really good. (Remember... I took the Silver medal in Foil at the last big International tournament.) But she beat me like I was a rank amateur! This kid is gonna be a star! It's a delight to be beaten by a youngster with this much talent!

Stitchawl
I love working with talented kids And teaching them how to ski. Usually I get brand new beginners grim just being able to stand on skis and finish up the season getting them close to black Diamond. Not all, mind, but quite a few. A couple of seasons ago I had a little girl that started with learning how to even put her equipment on top tackling the hardest run on the mountain. Additionally her physical form was incredible. Those are the students that keep you teaching
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:16 PM   #30484
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Auto correct demons were strong in the former post
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:08 PM   #30485
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
No exciting fencing wounds here, just "hardware wounds" -- spend Friday and Saturday building a new system and WHAT A PAIN. But now it's mostly sorted and will be my main workstation for a bit, but is also going to be the replication host for my main Hyper-V server. It's a honking machine, and my first new PC in >4 years. A motherboard that will handle 128 GB of RAM, and an I-7 hex-core processor on an X99 chipset board. With multiple SSDs and HDDs and a cheap, but quiet, video card. (I don't game, and don't need any special video horsepower. )

This morning I've already sucked down a large mug of Peet's Major Dickason's Blend coffee, and now working on a bit of my custom Russian Caravan blend tea. Going to be a long day - too much time spent on building the new system, and as I may have mentioned before "Editors are RELENTLESS!" So Chapters Must Be Written.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #30486
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Re-brewing last night's butterfly green tea leaves. Finally got out for a Sunday long run after this cold cold winter. I enjoyed the story about the girl Stitchawl
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #30487
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Third mug of tea, waiting on the kitchen counter.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:07 AM   #30488
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Capt. Morgan Jamaica rum

Stitchawl
Old 03-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #30489
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Major Dickason's coffee this morning, again. This is a pattern. I need to get to where I don't feel the need for that kick of caffeine, and can enjoy the milder enjoyment of tea.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #30490
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Almost 7pm. A drink, or a DRINK? Maybe I'll get my report finished and circulated, then I'll decide .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #30491
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Phoenix Mountain Oolong
Old 03-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #30492
cromag

Second mug of tea on a late-starting, slow-moving day.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #30493
cromag

First mug of tea. Otherwise, pretty much the same.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #30494
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Cranberry Juice.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #30495
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I know a cat named Way-out Willie
He's got a groovy little chick named Rocking' Lily
Yeah, rock'n'rolling Suzie Q
Does that crazy old hand jive, too

Hand jive, hand jive, hand jive
Do that crazy hand jive

Mama, mama, look at Sister Flo
Doing that hand jive with Uncle Joe
When I gave little sister a dime
I said "Do that hand jive one more time"

Hand jive, hand jive, hand jive
Do that crazy hand jive

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxU995zbfno )

Just 'cuz it's one of those groovy mornings!

Good morning, everyone! An important day for all New York Jews... In 1513, the Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de León first sights land in what is now Florida, paving the way for retirement living, 'Early-bird' dinners, and Mall-walking! I'm celebrating this earth-shaking event with a mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea, a visit to the Food Lady, and an early morning ride out into the jungle. It's going to be a great day!

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?