Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
A Nice Cup of Tea!

There's nothing I like more than reading a book at night with a nice cup of tea and a scone/oatcake/digestive/etc.

I drink Twinning's Assam tea. However someone mentioned in a thread here a company selling what appeared to be some very nice sounding tea. I can't find the thread any more, I had intended to buy some.

Would anyone care to recommend an online store where I can buy high quality tea? Since tea is relatively inexpensive I don't think I have an upper limit on costg. In fact if I saw tea that cost a pound a cup then I'd be inclined to buy it just on that fact alone :P
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i like kusmi tea http://www.kusmitea.com/en/ they have all the regular kinds (earl grey, lapsang, various black teas, green...) and also many more "exotic" kinds ; my favourite (so far) is prince vladimir which is similar to earl grey (but better !). they are a bit pricey but they come in gorgeous metal boxes which i'm sort of a sucker for. and it's really good tea. you can buy them in bulk packs which are cheaper than the metal tins, or they sell them in tea bags as well.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 08-29-2009 at 08:40 AM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
There's nothing I like more than reading a book at night with a nice cup of tea and a scone/oatcake/digestive/etc.
Ah, you are a person after my own heart.

I like it even better if I've been out walking in the hills all day, in the wind and rain, getting thoroughly soaked, wishing I was at home reading a book with a nice cup of tea, poring over a map, wishing I was walking in the hills ....
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mmm. That's definately not the site Zelda. But it's something very similar to that one. I actually might end up buying from that one, although there's something that doesn't seem right about a Brit buying tea from a Russian company based in France.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Mmm. That's definately not the site Zelda. But it's something very similar to that one. I actually might end up buying from that one, although there's something that doesn't seem right about a Brit buying tea from a Russian company based in France.
i know what you mean. would it help if i told you i think they're actually a french company ? probably not, right ?

that's the only tea site i know, so maybe someone else will come along and tell you the one you're looking for. you should definitely give kusmi a try though, it really is good tea (and the pretty, pretty tins !!).
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Halk
Fanatic

I probably will do unless I find the site someone else mentioned. Kusmi sell a rather ingenious "spoon" for making tea. It's basically two sieves held together, you put the leaves in the middle, close it, stick it in the teapot and take it out when it's brewed. At the moment I use a seive which is the right size for a mug. I'll be seeing if I can get one of those spoons locally, since their postage to the UK is expensive!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I like it even better if I've been out walking in the hills all day, in the wind and rain, getting thoroughly soaked, wishing I was at home reading a book with a nice cup of tea, poring over a map, wishing I was walking in the hills ....
Yep, tea is best when it's earned! (or should that be urned? )
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I probably will do unless I find the site someone else mentioned. Kusmi sell a rather ingenious "spoon" for making tea. It's basically two sieves held together, you put the leaves in the middle, close it, stick it in the teapot and take it out when it's brewed. At the moment I use a seive which is the right size for a mug. I'll be seeing if I can get one of those spoons locally, since their postage to the UK is expensive!
i'm stunned those aren't everywhere in the uk ! i've got at least 2 different ones, and also the sieve that fits in the mug, although to be honest i don't usually bother to strain the tea out. (depending on the tea, obviously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Yep, tea is best when it's earned! (or should that be urned? )
groan !
Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
Halk
Fanatic

I've just had a check and I can get them very easily in the UK from many different places. I'd just never seen them before, or likely just never noticed them. I think they're more commonly called tea scissors.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

tea scissors ? that's odd, they don't cut anything... (yes, i can easily imagine why, it just seems like a strange thing to call them, since they don't really act or look like scissors at all).

anyway, thanks for reassuring me they're common in the UK. my image of you lot as a nation of tea-drinkers was slipping there for a minute.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Yorkshire Tea. If it's not Yorkshire tea, it's not tea

I will also accept PG Tips as a second answer

And I'll take both with teabags, not loose.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
And I'll take both with teabags, not loose.
you know the purists will chase you with pitchforks for saying that, right ? (i'm not a purist. i drink it both ways and don't complain. )
Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you know the purists will chase you with pitchforks for saying that, right ? (i'm not a purist. i drink it both ways and don't complain. )
You don't want to drink a cup of tea I've made with 'loose tea', I'm terrible at making tea that way Teabags for the win!!!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
You don't want to drink a cup of tea I've made with 'loose tea', I'm terrible at making tea that way Teabags for the win!!!
duly noted !
Old 08-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #15
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
My brother drinks Captain Scott’s Strong Blend - 5p from every pack goes to preserve his hut.

http://www.discover-the-world-blogs....-help-pre.html
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote