Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 04:36 AM   #46
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Well lets give it a try - code sent to camiller as that is the first name after rgtrys, capenova can send his email to camiller in case it works.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #47
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

OK I have contacted Baen and have arranged for a new code, they will send it direct if I send them a name and email address (as usual not an address already registered with them.) So I will pass on details for the first person to contact me.
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #48
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
The one weedfreak sent me came back "THAT COUPON HAS ALREADY BEEN USED BY SOMEONE, AND CANNOT BE RE-USED".

Edit: Left a PM for weedfreak

Last edited by camiller; 01-18-2012 at 04:58 PM.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #49
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Looks like rgtrys broke the chain then. I am hoping that someone will be able to continue it on from here, because I'd love a subscription and I promise not to break the chain.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #50
weedfreak
Addict

OK new coupon sent to camiller, I hope!

camiller has the address for capenova so kyteflyer needs to contact capenova.

All three should be very thankful to Baen for issuing a new coupon after rgtrys broke the chain. Meanwhile I am off for a stiff drink and a read.
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #51
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Is this still going on? If so I would love to get in on it.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #52
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
OK new coupon sent to camiller, I hope!

camiller has the address for capenova so kyteflyer needs to contact capenova.

All three should be very thankful to Baen for issuing a new coupon after rgtrys broke the chain. Meanwhile I am off for a stiff drink and a read.
So far I have nothing in my email(including the spam folder) from Baen. I'll check periodically during the day at work and let you all know the outcome.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #53
camiller
Addict

Just got and used the coupon code, capenova you should be getting a code direct from Baen shortly.

For anyone not familiar with Baen's checkout, Step 5 "Order Confirmation" is the point where you enter the next person in the chains email address for Baen to send them a coupon code.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #54
camiller
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Is this still going on? If so I would love to get in on it.
banjo, be sure to PM your email address to kyteflyer so when he/she gets a code from capenova they can forward it to you.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #55
capenova
capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
Many, MANY thanks to weedfreak for going above and beyond to get this thread moving forward again. Enjoy that stiff drink and a good read - it's well deserved!

While we're at it, many thanks go out to Ajax for being generous enough to start this thread in the first place and to the others who kept paying it forward.

Finally, many thanks also go to camiller for being so patient in waiting for this chain to go forward, for testing out the new code and for using it so quickly! I, for one, am very grateful Baen issued another coupon to keep this going.

I now have my gift code from camiller and am awaiting a PM from kyteflyer for their email address to keep the chain going.

Last edited by capenova; 01-19-2012 at 07:46 PM.
capenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #56
weedfreak
Addict

Glad it all worked out OK for everyone, I did feel sort of responsible even though it was not me that 'hit and run.'

It is also good to know that the nice guys at Baen will issue new coupons if you ask nicely.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #57
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent to capenova
Old 01-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #58
camiller
Addict

I have taken the liberty to add to Ajax and weekfreak's karma for their roles in starting and re-starting the chain, Thank you both very much.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #59
capenova
capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.capenova 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Nook
All right, I spread some karma to Ajax, Weedfreak and Camiller as well, as they all deserve it.

I recieved kyteflyer's email address, placed my order and gifted them the code for this months Baen bundle.

The chain continues to be paid forward.
capenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #60
kyteflyer
Wizard

Now awaiting PM from banjobama... I've got the Baen page open and ready to go. Think I will PM too, just in case bb isnt on at the moment.

edit: PM sent to banjobama. I cannot complete my order until I have the email address I need. I wonder if this is why the chain got broken before (impatience?). The checkout process requires the email address for the gift certificate before completion...

Might be a good idea for future people to a) alert interest and b) send email to the individual ahead of you in the line, right away... but only after you are sure you'll be next.

[edit#2] OK all done. Who's going to be sending an email address to banjobama?

Last edited by kyteflyer; 01-20-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: additional info