Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
All Open Road Media books 60% off

All Open Road Media (www.openroadmedia.com) books are 60% off. Just $4 instead of $9.99.
Books from authors like Barbara Hambly, Alan Dean Foster, Pat Conroy, Leon Uris, and a lot of other authors.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Thanks for the heads up! Now I can finally supplement my Hambly paperbacks with the e-book editions.

Prices not yet adjusted at Sony, and Kobo will require you to use the coupon code OpenRoad60. Note that some titles are actually cheaper at Amazon's CyberMonday Kindle sale for mostly $2.99, and if in Canada, check the prices at Kobo against Sony.

Kobo have this thing where they've set some of the initial list prices to an insane exchange rate, so even "discounted", the titles end up being being 30% more than they should be for Canadians. The Hambly books are a perfect example of this, at $19.99 (!!!!) "list", $12.39 "discounted" while in the US Kobo store and every other Canadian outlet, they're actually at the MSRP of $9.99 list, $7.99 regular 20% store discount.

ETA: It looks like all the available Barbara Hambly and Alan Dean Foster books are just $1.99 at Amazon. Much as I prefer ePub, I know where I'm getting these.

Last edited by ATDrake; 11-28-2011 at 11:35 AM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
I now own e-copies of all the Windrose books and of Bride of the Rat God by Hambly! I didn't even know these were available as ebooks!

Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
I now own e-copies of all the Windrose books and of Bride of the Rat God by Hambly! I didn't even know these were available as ebooks!
Excellent choices!

I bought the lot myself (excepting the 2 I'd already gotten when Sony had their 50% off coupons), but if the Windrose and BotRG books are your favourites of Hambly's work, may I suggest also picking up the James Asher series (Those Who Hunt the Night and Traveling with the Dead) if you haven't read them already?

They're fairly similar in style, tone, and setting, and I think you'll like them a lot.

PS. She also writes new short stories in her old worlds and sells them for $5 each directly from her website. There are at least 2 new Windrose novellas out (see the sidebar link for Further Adventures).
Old 11-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Thank you very much indeed for pointing out the Further Adventures site. I have bookmarked it and plan to return on a later day when I'm not busy hunting out Cyber Monday bargains.

About the Asher books ... they are about vampires, aren't they? My problem is that I haven't yet recovered from the Twilight-induced vampire overkill. But as you recommend them I might just give the first a try ...
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard

They are vampire books, but they're classic need-to-kill non-sparkly vampires who still think of humans as walking food. If you're not sure, read the samples first.

But they're very good and the first one won a Locus Best Horror Novel and a Lord Ruthven Award. It's also a very good gaslight-era historical murder mystery, if you happen to like those.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just bought 15 ebooks. I'll list them later tonight. I'm going to get a beer and celebrate.

Thanks for mentioning this great find.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
ATDrake
Wizzard

Open Road titles now discounted at Sony, and some have a tiny further 5% off additional discount, taking the originally $9.99 list priced ones to $3.80 instead of $4.

And for what it's worth, it looks like the Kobo coupon is for 60% off the already discounted price, taking the test-book I checked from $19.99 "list"/$12.39 "your price" to $4.96 before tax.

A hypothetical $9.99 list/$7.99 your price book could go down to $3.19 and these Richie Tankersley Cusick horror novels, for example, go from $2.69 to a mere $1.08 (Amazon's price is $1.20).

So if you manage to find something you want that's not already cheaper at Amazon and Kobo doesn't do weird separate pricing shenanigans for your region, then they'll probably be the cheapest place to buy.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I bought a bunch of titles at Amazon since the prices there were better than Kobo, even with the coupon. Got the two Ellery Queen books--Roman Hat Mystery and Calamity Town--six John R. Tunis baseball books, Bette Greene's Summer of My German Soldier, and finished up the Open Road-published Anne Perry books. These are all replacing paper books, clearing up some shelf space.

I'm really excited to have found the Ellery Queen titles--hope more will follow!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
It's really hit or miss trying to acquire Open Road titles from anywhere but Amazon if you are a Canadian resident. Alas, all the Patricia Wenthworth are licensed to Houghton and Stodder in Canada making them locked Agency Six titles, never discounted, and available for the low-low-low price (not) of $11.99 each. Ouch.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 AM   #11
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Wow - this is quite a sale!

To mention just a few at Amazon (US):

A lot of the Leon Uris books (including Exodus) are $2.99

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...ris&sort=price

Patricia Wentworth - 31 titles $2.99, one at $1.99 (Book 2):

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...qid=1322549374

Several Robert McCammon books at $2.99 each:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...qid=1322549476

Several Ruth Rendell $2.99, one $1.99:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...qid=1322550113

Brian Freemantle spy thrillers $1.99:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...mantle&x=0&y=0
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It looks like the sale is now over at Amazon.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote