Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #16
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
ok, I find a good one for reading scanned PDF, not sure when it will be available though:

http://www.skiff.com/skiff-reader.html

Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #17
sagars24
sagars24 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: borges impres-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
you are talking about text based PDF whose fonts can be enlarged, but both Lady and the original poster were talking about scanned PDF (basically images not text), so your solution won't work.
No , I am talking about scanned NON OCR pdf's. And you can zoom in on thos using the Icon FW and pan using the Left Right UP down key.

For me it works best when i go to 200% zoom in lansape mode and then it fits page to width and i just need to pan up and down.
sagars24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:53 AM   #18
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagars24 View Post
No , I am talking about scanned NON OCR pdf's. And you can zoom in on thos using the Icon FW and pan using the Left Right UP down key.

For me it works best when i go to 200% zoom in lansape mode and then it fits page to width and i just need to pan up and down.
Is the zoom persistant or does one have to apply it after each page turn?
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:53 AM   #19
wutugu
wutugu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagars24 View Post

yes that would work on a single page, however when i finish one page i need to exit the zoom in mode, turn page, zoom in again...that makes it really annoying
wutugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #20
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutugu View Post
yes that would work on a single page, however when i finish one page i need to exit the zoom in mode, turn page, zoom in again...that makes it really annoying
And will cut battery life in half (at least).
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote