Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #21511
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yeah, I have not decided if I am in favor of it or not, and really its my job to make that call (well at least advise/vote on it, its bigger then just me).
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #21512
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Sweet iced tea!
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #21513
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reading some responses I am so thankful to have my Galaxy S III and iPad 3 sitting right next to me at work every day.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #21514
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water right now, Phoenix Mountain Oolong earlier.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #21515
Quake1028
Guru

Diet Dr. Pepper.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #21516
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend, with 50% Lapsang Souchong added. Trying for a bit of smokiness to my breakfast tea while hoping to retain the good characteristics of the Anniversary Breakfast Blend. But 50% is too much of the Lapsang Souchong, it overpowers the underlying 2nd flush Darjeeling of Anniversary.

(And no, there's no good reason not to just drink Peet's Scottish Breakfast, which already has some Lapsang Souchong in it, except that I was trying to see if I could crank it up a notch with all whole leaf teas. Not successful yet. )
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #21517
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
So when I enjoy a cuppa tea large enough for two teabags (sorry, I know I'm a heathen in that respect) mixing two flavors isn't too gauche? I've been enjoying Earl Grey and English Breakfast mixed.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #21518
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, that's a fairly basic blending method. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Ultimately, I'd like to come up with a better version of this Scottish Breakfast Blend which is a broken-leaf blend of some India blacks and Lapsang Souchong. I like the smokiness, but the underlying blend is just not quite right.

In your case, I'd guess that you're trying to tone down the bergamot in the Earl Grey. I've got a blend here that has just a touch of bergemot in it -- Peet's Russian Caravan. Not so much that I won't drink it (most Earl Greys are just too intense for me), but enough to notice, certainly.

Again, it's all about YOUR personal taste. If it works for you, great. Yeah, I can be a bit of a tea snob some times, but ultimately I'm glad you've found a tea you like, whatever it is. All I really stress is to try new teas when the opportunity presents. That's how you grow your appreciation of tea in general.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #21519
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
So when I enjoy a cuppa tea large enough for two teabags (sorry, I know I'm a heathen in that respect) mixing two flavors isn't too gauche? I've been enjoying Earl Grey and English Breakfast mixed.
Ohhh, I have to try that. Thanks for the idea with the tea bags.

Making a new cuppa hot chocolate.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #21520
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Three years ago todayimarried the love of my life and we started a new life together. Last year we conceived a new life together. I like October 10, it is a very good day.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #21521
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Congratulations!!!

Celebrate with something a bit better than tea, ProfCrash.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #21522
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I had a beer
Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #21523
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
If you can use some exotic booze
There's a bar in far Bombay
Come on and fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away

Come fly with me, let's float down to Peru
In llama land there's a one-man band
And he'll toot his flute for you
Come on fly with me, let's take off in the blue

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJWF4...ure=plpp_video )

Good morning, everyone! Up, up, and away! In just a few more hours we leave for our next adventure; a long motorcycle ride though the Fall mountains and a few days of paragliding school! I'm ready!

But first... breakfast! Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea, some rice, crab legs, and tsukemono, and a bowl of miso soup! Then off to pack my bags. My wife was smart. She packed last night. I was too lazy. But it's only a few days, there isn't much room on a motorcycle to take very much anyway, and really, what do I need? Some warm shirts, an extra pair of pants, a sweater, socks and underwear. Add in a toothbrush, and my e-reader and I'm all set. I can recharge my phone from a socket I mounted on my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend, with 50% Lapsang Souchong added. Trying for a bit of smokiness to my breakfast tea while hoping to retain the good characteristics of the Anniversary Breakfast Blend. But 50% is too much of the Lapsang Souchong, it overpowers the underlying 2nd flush Darjeeling of Anniversary.
I've tried and tried, but never yet succeeded in making my own blend that tasted better than its parts. Good luck with it! BTW... there is one company that makes a Russian Caravan tea with just a touch of Lapsang Souchong... but I can't remember which company it was! I bought it once, but didn't particularly care for it, perhaps because of the Darjeeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
So when I enjoy a cuppa tea large enough for two teabags (sorry, I know I'm a heathen in that respect)
When I fill my tea bags, I use almost twice the recommended amount of loose tea. And often steep for twice as long as recommended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Three years ago todayimarried the love of my life and we started a new life together. Last year we conceived a new life together. I like October 10, it is a very good day.
Congratulations! I wish you all many, many more wonderful years together.

Well... time to pack. See you all this coming fall on the Big Rock Candy Mountain!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 10-10-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #21524
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
W00T!!! CONGRATS!!!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #21525
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I am coming to terms with the fact that Lucas is done breast feeding. He has rejected the breast three days in a row. He starts to suckle and within three minutes he has pulled off the breast and begins crying for the bottle. He gets more than enough formula but there was something comforting about breastfeeding.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?