Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #46
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
:doggiewithevilstare:
Ok, I think I need to go home now.... I read that as doggystyle first...... bad Slite, bad! (whacks myself on the nose with a rolled up newspaper)
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #47
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2008, 08:37 AM   #48
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I'm okay - localised disturbance. Embarrassed at the concern, as well as at my responsibility for it. Cheered by it, particularly the good humour of it.

All is well. Sorry.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled anagram: In one of the Bard's best thought-of tragedies, our insistent hero, Hamlet, queries on two fronts about how life turns rotten.
Glad you're back. Ummm... We may have a problem with Adrian, or should I say the Adrians. He felt the need to help out with the search and rescue and or euthanize efforts, but was under contract to the Veran and Harv's Panama Vacation story. Long story short, there are now two of him.

Anyway, that's by way of being your problem now. Hope you have some ideas on that.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #49
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
It is also a great conversation stopper as most people will just move away when I say [I still have a Betamax that works]. It avoids having to put up with their inane stories and is a bit more polite than saying, "Go away, now!"
I gotta get me one of those!

Next time I have a betta, I'm gonna name it "Max," just to see who "gets" it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #50
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've got a laser disc player which I got because I found the complete Classic Looney Toons set. Joy!
Advert
Old 11-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #51
pshrynk

Quote:
I'd give you some karma for that, but I gotta give some more out. How about a skritch by badgoodDeb, instead?

Last edited by pshrynk; 11-20-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #52
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
It has become almost a bragging point to be able to say that I still have a working Betamax. It is also a great conversation stopper as most people will just move away when I say that. It avoids having to put up with their inane stories and is a bit more polite than saying, "Go away, now!"
That is sooo wrong! Inclusion is better than exclusion! Turn that conversation around and say things like, "It's amazing how much things change but still stay the same. While I have a new Blu Ray, it's fun that I still have an old betamax that is working just fine. Do you want to come over and watch some Looney Toons cartoons on it with me?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I've got a laser disc player which I got because I found the complete Classic Looney Toons set. Joy!
OMG!!! I'm so jealous!!!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #53
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Next time I have a betta, I'm gonna name it "Max," just to see who "gets" it.
:groooaan: !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #54
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
That is sooo wrong! Inclusion is better than exclusion! Turn that conversation around and say things like, "It's amazing how much things change but still stay the same. While I have a new Blu Ray, it's fun that I still have an old betamax that is working just fine. Do you want to come over and watch some Looney Toons cartoons on it with me?"

OMG!!! I'm so jealous!!!

Not to shock people, but I have both.....(I hope to finish the final Beta bung-down in a few weeks. I have 3 tapes left to go....)

(I have the complete Betty Boop on Laser....)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It is a very good question, Jon. I can only counter with "How can you prove you were not previously dealing with one of the clones?".

Cheers,
Marc
Easy.. clones do not have avatars and since you now don't, then you much be a clone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #56
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
These threads have more tangents than most year-long geometry classes.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #57
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'd say it's not so much tangential lines and more moebius. It goes round and round, but never gets back to where it started.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #58
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
I'd say it's not so much tangential lines and more moebius. It goes round and round, but never gets back to where it started.
I guess it just shows the state of our labyrinthical minds. (just posted a book without the book attached, if you get my drift)

BTW, I really miss Marc's avatar, shouldn't we go out and get him a new one.

Wow, that's three topics in one post!

Edit: Or is it just two?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #59
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I guess it just shows the state of our labyrinthical minds. (just posted a book without the book attached, if you get my drift)

BTW, I really miss Marc's avatar, shouldn't we go out and get him a new one.

Wow, that's three topics in one post!

Edit: Or is it just two?
Six if you count the lack of counting ability as its own topic.

1: I guess it just shows the state of our labyrinthical minds.
2: just posted a book without the book attached
2A: if you get my drift
4: shouldn't we go out and get him a new one.
5: Wow, that's three topics in one post!
6: Or is it just two?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #60
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Ah, but even a Mobius stays on one track .... even if it is endless. These threads take off in every direction ... especially when a squirrel enters the thread. Or a panda, or a llama, or a Zany Carter, or chocolate!!!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screaming mad adrian, unutterable silliness