Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
M-Edge Waterproof Kindle Case

This looks good.......anyone want to throw their kindle into the pool and try it??

The company says the Guardian has a secure, watertight seal around Kindle by “utilizing a dual-hinge, integrated gasket and four-latch closure system,” while three internal buoyancy chambers provide keep Kindle afloat and upright for in-water reading. Since the Guardian floats upright, M-Edge suggests reading hands-free while wading in the water. Why? Well, because now you can so why not. The Guardian Case also allows for full functionality of Kindle’s navigation buttons and keyboard through its flexible sealed button cutouts.

“The Guardian allows Kindle owners to read where they love to read: on vacation, at the pool, in the spa, in the tub,” says Patrick Mish, CEO of M-Edge Accessories. “Our customers have been searching for a way to bring eReading to the places they wouldn’t think twice about bringing a book. The Guardian Case provides this flexibility and is a terrific example of how M-Edge continuously works to deliver innovative accessories that meet the needs of readers, no matter where they choose to read.”

The Guardian Case comes in six vibrant colors and will be available for purchase in Spring 2010.

http://www.medgestore.com/products/kindle2-guardian.psp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guardian-case.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	45293  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Apparently they showed it at the recent electronics show immersed in a tank of water. It floats. I think it is a great idea but will not be buying it because you cannot access the wake slider when in the container. They should not be advertising that you can access all the control because you can't. So, because the kindle turns to sleep automatically quite quickly and you cant stop it from doing so (unless you keep clicking a control) then you wont be able to wake it up. I would use a waterproof case at the pool/beach, so can imagine reading, going for a swim, wanting to read again but have to remove it from the casing in order to do so, and knowing my luck, dripping water/sand into the case while doing so.
I bought the trendy digital one off ebay but havent received it yet. I dont read in the bath so that is not a problem for me.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I can recommend the tuff-luv evolve aquatic pouch - comes in different sizes for gadgets. It is tough, clear - and you can still press all the buttons.

I have a small one for my iPod touch and a large for my ereading devices. Brilliant for Reading in the bath and for when you need a water-tight casing.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote