Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
helliaff
helliaff began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
How do I get Collection/Series data on SD card on PRS-505

Hi

How do I get Collection/Series data on SD card on PRS-505. I have all the right data in my library but when I download it to the device none is shown?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks
Helliaff
helliaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Not quite sure what you mean. Are you using calibre to send the books to the device or are you just drag'n'drop'n onto the device? If you don't use calibre to send the books, then the collections metadata doesn't come up on the device.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure you have updated the firmware of the 505 to the latest available. IIRC, the earliest 505 firmware didn't support collections on SD cards
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
helliaff

I have version1.2.00.18050 and I am using Calibre to send the books to the device so stumped really. Spent ages getting all the collection info for the books
Old 07-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
helliaff

I am using calibre to send the books to the device.
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
With the PRS-500 you only got collections recognized if sent to the internal memory. I did not think the PRS-505 had this limitation, but it might be worth checking?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
helliaff

I have seen other threads where they say it was only an issue on the 500 not the 505 thanks for answering though
Old 07-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, when you are sending the books to the 505 are you using the "send books to device/card" or are you using the "save collection to disk" option? If you are using the save to disk option, I don't think the metadata gets sent properly. If you are sending to device and not to disk, then I suggest reformatting the SD card and then sending the books to the reader using the "send to device" option from within calibre. After, see if the metadata is on the books when looking at your library on the SD card from within calibre. The 505 definitely can see the collection and series metadata when the books are on SD.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
helliaff

Hi All,

Still no joy. Have formatted the SD card I can see the books but none of the collection data? I have even upgraded the version of calibre.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-02-2009, 02:16 AM   #10
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
How are you sending the books to the SD Card? Are you using the Send to Card button in Calibre?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
slantybard
my parent's oops...

Not sure what's going on helliaff. Sounds atypical and weird. Where are you located? I would suggest meeting up with someone physically to try and troubleshoot this.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:07 AM   #12
helliaff

HHHUUUUUUZZZZZZAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Sorted it. I just reformatted all of my books into the LRF format which is the Sony Native Format and it works no problem now.

Thanks
all for the help thoug
Old 08-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #13
slantybard
my parent's oops...

That's weird. Makes me wonder if your firmware is old. Glad to hear you got it sorted though.

Tags
collection, prs-505, series