Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version of μBook

There's a new version of uBook for Windows and Pocket Pc's available from www.gowerpoint.com - it's now called 'uBook 2008a'.

From the author's site:
What's new in µBook 2008a

Added basic automatic hyphens support (with simple rules in LANG/*.ulg file)
Added external calls simple script API, allowing invoking of external apps with the selected text or the whole text (unformatted) (in a temporary file or in the clipboard) and to open any returns if any (clipboard or temporary file again). See External.ini for more information.
Fixed startup opening of previous error message instead of last good text.
Cosmetic change to open... page.
Fixed linefeed/carriage return problem with PML parser
Added two more highlight colors for Note... and Section markings. (+/- mode)
Ported slightly faster JPG reader from uBookLite
Added Page Break character handling in Text Format
Vista Compatible installer

bob

Last edited by comtrjl; 02-27-2008 at 12:37 PM.
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks for letting us know. uBook was always by far my favourite bookreader when I used to read on a PDA. It has rather a quirky configuration system, but when you get to grips with it, it's extremely powerful and flexible.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks for letting us know. uBook was always by far my favourite bookreader when I used to read on a PDA. It has rather a quirky configuration system, but when you get to grips with it, it's extremely powerful and flexible.
How was performance on your device? I have an older version on my Zodiac, and even the ARM version is sluggish enough to be nearly unusable. I'll try the current one and see if is any better.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Performance was always fine on the Pocket PC. I used it on a variety of devices, with no performance issues whatsoever.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Performance was always fine on the Pocket PC. I used it on a variety of devices, with no performance issues whatsoever.
That's what I thought. Performance is not fine on Palm OS devices.
_______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
It's already up to 2008b and my license from before still works
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote