Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
nguirado
Wizard
nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
How do I move notes to computer?

I have a MOBI book on my kindle that I highlighted and notated. How do I get the notes on my computer? If I move the file onto the computer, will the notations be there? Is there a way to sync?
nguirado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Sync your kindle first, and then go to this site: https://kindle.amazon.com/home/welcome
Log in with your Amazon account, and all your notes will be there. You can then paste them into a document. My hubby, who writes books and training programs, loves this feature.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Your notes are stored in a file called "My Clippings.TXT". You can connect your Kindle to a computer via the USB cable, and then copy the above file from the Documents folder to any folder on the computer.

Once you've done that, you can open the file on the computer in any text editor or word processor. It's just an ordinary text file.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #4
nguirado
Wizard
nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I'll try the second method. The first only works for books purchased from Amazon (thanks anyways).
nguirado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
For Amazon AND non-Amazon books, there is another workaround:

http://www.kinworm.com/2010/12/easy-...-all-your.html
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
mean_gene
Enthusiast
mean_gene began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/Wifi
Quote:
For Amazon AND non-Amazon books, there is another workaround:
That's a good method if you aren't linked to your real facebook page (unless you can link multiple facebook accounts--don't think that's possible). I like to share highlights with my friends so this wouldn't work for me. Yeah it's a bit user un-friendly but I just pull the my clippings file over through USB then use that as a reference for further study of whatever the topic is.
mean_gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
You can also extract your notes (and notes alone; the 2.5 firmware did something to change the way highlights were stored) for all your Mobi books, Amazon-supplied or not, using MBPReader which outputs a plain text file.

This might be more convenient on a single-book basis than digging through MyClippings.

It also still works on both notes and highlights made on Kindle for Mac (and presumably K4PC), but it turns out you can't use the .mbp created on K4Mac on an actual Kindle.

Although if you drag an .mbp file along with the book from Kindle to K4Mac, then you can see your Kindle-created stuff on K4Mac as well.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
ValSanders
ValSanders began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can you go the other way with it? Place (plaintext?) files onto the kindle from the computer? Or edit them on the computer?
ValSanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Yeah, you can put anything you want in a text file and transfer it to the Kindle to read. But you can't attach it as a note to another file (those can only be created on the Kindle/K4Apps).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote