Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
MS Reader Hell

I have over 70 MS Reader books.

Some days it will let me read them, some days it won't.

On the days it won't let me read them it tells me:

"The digital software that protects this ebook has been updated. You must re-activate in order to open this title."

I then go through a never ending cycle of trying to re-activate the damn thing.

Until today --

I discovered that when my external USB drive is switched on I cannot access my Lit books. When it is switched off I can!

But it will not let me activate with the External USB drive switched on.

It's a b***** pain in the neck!
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Weird. Is your thumb drive running any file software, etc...? I know mine has a launcher and backup application that runs whenever I plug it in, maybe there is a conflict.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
It's not a thumb drive.

It's an 80GB external USB hard drive.

I only use it to store my own personal data. There are no software applications on it.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker
It's not a thumb drive.

It's an 80GB external USB hard drive.

I only use it to store my own personal data. There are no software applications on it.
Hope it's not a Western Digital 80GB HDD, that's the one that I had fail on me a while back. Hope you're doing backups. Weird problems, course you can always use the right tools and remove the DRM so you don't have to worry about "updates."
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
maybe firewire might work better.. they say those are hardware direct.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker
I have over 70 MS Reader books.

Some days it will let me read them, some days it won't.

On the days it won't let me read them it tells me:

"The digital software that protects this ebook has been updated. You must re-activate in order to open this title."

I then go through a never ending cycle of trying to re-activate the damn thing.

Until today --

I discovered that when my external USB drive is switched on I cannot access my Lit books. When it is switched off I can!

But it will not let me activate with the External USB drive switched on.

It's a b***** pain in the neck!
If you download ConvertLIT 1.8, you can use it to remove the DRM of all your LIT files and thus, you won't have an issue when you have your USB drive plugged in.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote