Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #721
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
  • update to ineptpdf 7.4 and automated () 7.4

Thanks to the usual suspects.

what is the difference between ineptpdf and aineptpdf?

TIA
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #722
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
what is the difference between ineptpdf and aineptpdf?

TIA
The automated one decrypts whole directories.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #723
HelixTW
HelixTW began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Ok, I just removed my registry and reactivated with the new version of ADE. Script works fine so far.

So they haven't changed the key saving scheme. Very strange - could be that some have more than one key in the registry (the key retrieval gets the first it finds).

People who have problems with this bookkey thing, inspect your registry for more than one entry like

privateLicenseKey

in the

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept]

(To open the registry -> Start -> Execute -> regedit (under XP don't know if that works for Vista)).

PS: I've got another suspicion: Have the ladies/gentlemen changed their hardware in the past and had to reactivate the ADE?
Thanks downgrading to the digitaleditions1_7_1079 version and deleting this key worked for me. No more ADEPTError('error decrypting book session key')

H

Last edited by HelixTW; 03-07-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: missing pertainent info
HelixTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #724
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixTW View Post
Thanks downgrading to the digitaleditions1_7_1079 version and deleting this key worked for me. No more ADEPTError('error decrypting book session key')

H
With ineptkey 4.3 there is no need to downgrade anymore.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #725
kiso
kiso began at the beginning.

Device: none
i have ineptkey, version 4.3 and ineptpdf, version 7.4
first i run ineptkey and i get the file adeptkey.der
next i run ineptpdf, when I press the decrypt no file is created...
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2386/helpqq.jpg
anyone knows how to help me?
kiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #726
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiso View Post
i have ineptkey, version 4.3 and ineptpdf, version 7.4
first i run ineptkey and i get the file adeptkey.der
next i run ineptpdf, when I press the decrypt no file is created...
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2386/helpqq.jpg
anyone knows how to help me?
you seem to have used an old key with a new file or the other way around. Most probably the pdf file is encrypted with an older key. Redownload the pdf or reauthorize your ADE + the pdf with your adobe id.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #727
kiso

Quote:
you seem to have used an old key with a new file or the other way around. Most probably the pdf file is encrypted with an older key. Redownload the pdf or reauthorize your ADE + the pdf with your adobe id.
redownload and reauthorize don't work
someone will check this pdf http://www.filefactory.com/file/b08876e/n/secured.pdf ?

Last edited by kiso; 03-08-2010 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:57 AM   #728
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
It is not an ADEPT file. Looks more like encrypted with FileOpen.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:05 AM   #729
kiso

yep this is fileopen.
how can i remove this protection?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #730
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiso View Post
yep this is fileopen.
how can i remove this protection?
There is no open script that which can do it. I've heard from somebody who had it but didn't want to publish it.

Last edited by joblack; 06-12-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #731
joblack
Wizard

udpate: ineptkey 4.4

- Ineptkey 4.4 released

Should make the script compatible with 64-bit python implementations ... as always thanks to the usual suspects
Old 04-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #732
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
Quote:
- Ineptkey 4.4 released

Should make the script compatible with 64-bit python implementations ... as always thanks to the usual suspects

Thanks!
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #733
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
- Ineptkey 4.4 released

No need to bother as not all the scripts for breaking DRM will work with the 64-bit Python. So the safest thing to do is stick with the 32-bit Python.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #734
redhairgal
redhairgal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
hardware pdf encryption

Has any progress been made with the encryption tied to the hardware (this was prior to Adobe creating individual user accounts). I have a very old and valuable PDf that's tied to a very old hard drive that's clacking.....

and it's impossible to re-download. Amazon removed it from it's bookshelf and from the users who purchased it! (yeah your digital books will be there forever, NOT).
Thanks,
red
redhairgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #735
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhairgal View Post
I have a very old and valuable PDf that's tied to a very old hard drive that's clacking.....
Perhaps you should take screen shots of all the pages, just in case! then you could get it back through OCR, if nothing else.

I thought that a russian firm had cracked PDF encryption, and might even still be advertising their wares.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote