Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 AM   #46
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice13 View Post
Hi Janek,
I mentioned the directive myself to communicate that ArtaTech respects 24 months of seller responsibility.
Cut the crap, mister. All that counts is that you are liable for all defects in the 24 month period.

The following is to be found on your website
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx-boox.com
There is a 12 months warranty on the Onyx Boox devices. Be aware that the following forms of damage are not under warranty:

Water and moisture damage / Accidental damage
Damage due to uncompatible componants
Damage due to modification on the device without the approval of Onyx International.
I'd be very quick to change that, unless you want the UOKiK to sit on your back. If I'm not mistaken, misrepresenting warranty conditions is a legally punishable act...

Last edited by janek; 09-28-2012 at 04:28 AM.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #47
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
From the two sites:
First case: Black Onyx M92, 299 Euros, 19 for the cheapest case, 25 Euros for shipping and ~5 for a charger => Total: 348 Euros
Second case: 349 for all the above + ~10 shipping = 359 Euros

Difference: ~11 Euros for me.

Other differences: The first offers text-to-speech and 1 yr warranty, the second no text-to-speech and 2 yrs warranty.

Something I missed?
Currently you are right.

Arta Tech lowered their price for M92 dramatically two weeks ago and started to advertise here with their "naked device" price. Long time before we already offered Onyx ereaders to fair prices.

Our wholesale prices keep to be unchanged and moreover increased in last months.. We had finaly to pay Onyx in USD in time where Euro lost more than 10% to USD. Thus we had to pay 10% more for last batches, but we keep the prices in store stable.

Our price politics is actually quite transparent. For less solvent buyers we offer quantity discounts, student discounts and in the course of several months you could get shipping free worldwide.

Privately I spend a lot of my time supporting Onyx users in forums. But now I see folks here talking about whose store offers cheaper products now.

I don't know. Perhaps other competitors are right. Why bother when you can just buy a good SEO stated and already build-up domain, take a build-up product offer slightly lower prices than competitors and spent more time with enjoying life and family.

Shall someone else care about Onyx users? I don’t think so. I really feel responsible for products, sold in our store. This is why we don’t offer low cost stuff. I have a dream to be a part of creation process of products, which could fit to all needs of professional users.

I really appreciate those customers, whose decision is based not only on idea to look for discounters, but also means to support and give thanks with their purchase to a seller, who proves with his activity , that he is really dedicated to his customers.

Last edited by Booxtor; 09-28-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #48
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
Dear Booxtor,
It seems you are missing my point. I do want the cheapest possible deal with the best possible service (aren't we all)?

In my last message, I am showing that the actual price difference between Artatech and yours is 11 Euros for me. This is 11/349=3% in the best case. For this small difference, warranty and support is (in general) more important.
Hence, my question at the end of my last message:

Am I missing something (in terms of support, features, warranty, etc)?

Regards.
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #49
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I really feel responsible for products, sold in our store.
I know and I really appreciate that and I'm sure there are more here who appreciate your efforts. Keep up the good work and ceaseless contribution!

@crt: Yes, you are missing something. By buying at Booxtor's you won't only get a brilliant service, but you will also support (IMHO) one of the main contributors to Onyx development. Your investment might even have indirect influence on the continuity of product support for the Boox brand.

And you are missing that improved text-to-speech is worked on for buyers of Booxtor's shop, as well. It might take some more weeks/months, but finally I don't think the difference will end up being significant.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #50
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Privately I spend a lot of my time supporting Onyx users in forums. But now I see folks here talking about whose store offers cheaper products now.

I don't know. Perhaps other competitors are right. Why bother when you can just buy a good SEO stated and already build-up domain, take a build-up product offer slightly lower prices than competitors and spent more time with enjoying life and family.

Shall someone else care about Onyx users? I don’t think so. I really feel responsible for products, sold in our store. This is why we don’t offer low cost stuff. I have a dream to be a part of creation process of products, which could fit to all needs of professional users.

I really appreciate those customers, whose decision is based not only on idea to look for discounters, but also means to support and give thanks with their purchase to a seller, who proves with his activity , that he is really dedicated to his customers.
Booxtor, I like your position.

For a device like the M92, my main criterion is not the price but the support available. It's not a perfect device, it must be improved and supported.
In a long term vision, it's most important to support all people ready to give some help to the developpement or the community.

I like the devices "open", I know that the M92 is not fully "open source". The SDK is available, some users maid some usefull tools, if your are enough good, a new firmware could be done - on a device not locked by the buyer.

The M92 must be protected, for other devices I've lost time to search a cover/protection. I prefer an complete offer of good quality. The Booxtor's solution is good for me.

The price isn't the single criterion.

Last edited by Randy11; 10-01-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #51
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
Well, I discussed the matter with a colleague (having in mind the offer when buying to machines) and he pointed out something:

For academic purposes it is useful to have more than one documents (and often the browser) open. If I am not mistaken, M92 can only have one document or the browser open at any moment. The only 9.7'' e-reader that can do this is PocketBook Pro 912, although I do not know the exact effectiveness in practice (how easy and fast it is to switch between open documents).

So this is a very essential question we have for M92. Can someone clarify this point?

Thank you in advance.
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #52
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Well at this point you can have open only one "thing" (Web, notepad, document reader) and within that to have open only one "thing". (webpage, scribling doc, text doc).

Onyx works on multitasking and also work is done to port android (natively allowing multitasking). But if and when it will be released... Who knows?...

So, the question is whether take a risk and buy M92 now, or buy PB 912 now or wait until M92 will aquire multitasking.

I decided not to wait and buy M92, last year. M92 has better hardware to PB 912. Besides better workflow (read: interface allowing to work in effitient way), I miss also multitasking.

But still, I am happy with M92. There is not better 10" e-ink for my type of use (reading pdf and scribling in it).
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:03 AM   #53
Dublee
Dublee began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS TF300, iPad 1, Nook Tablet (CM7), Nook ST, Onyx M92
Quote:

Booxter,

Based on your support on this forum, I just ordered an Onyx Boox M92 Black from your store. Even though I can get it cheaper from a US based store, I don't mind paying a little more to support you.

Thanks,
Dublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #54
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublee View Post
Booxter,

Based on your support on this forum, I just ordered an Onyx Boox M92 Black from your store. Even though I can get it cheaper from a US based store, I don't mind paying a little more to support you.

Thanks,
Thank you! I really appreciate your decision
Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #55
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Thank you! I really appreciate your decision
Add me to the club as well -- I ordered an M92 over the weekend. :^)
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #56
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Dear Booxtor, Understand you own the shop ereaderstore. I am looking to buy a new ONYX BOOX M92, my old one's screen broke. Do you ship to India?
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #57
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by renushan View Post
Dear Booxtor, Understand you own the shop ereaderstore. I am looking to buy a new ONYX BOOX M92, my old one's screen broke. Do you ship to India?
Hi,
we do ship to India, but we could also repair your screen - the price of the screen is 150EUR + shipping
Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #58
zaphodBB
zaphodBB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I am also intrested in m92.
I need to know whether the Arta one will receive 1.8 features and Android or not. To me, those difference worth even more than a hundred euros
zaphodBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #59
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
For your information about the vendor : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...61#post2304261
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #60
M92User
M92User began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hi everybody.

I'm new to this forum but I've been following it for about half a year.
I was looking for a large screen ebook and after all this time I think M92 is the one I need.
Perhaps the most difficult decision has been, not to decide which model is best for me, but where to buy it .
Now, I 'm pretty sure I will buy it in eReader Store (ordering in few minutes) so thanks to all of of you that share this useful information with the rest of the people.

M92User is offline   Reply With Quote