Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Stanza sub-forum

Should Stanza join the other e-book software and have it's own forum?

I don't use or have a Mac but when I'm trying to help people on the Amazon forums who do use Macs, I have to do more searching to lead them in the right direction.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I dunno.. Stanza isn't really sophisticated enough to warrant it, yet, I'd imagine. I don't mean that as a slam, btw... it just kind of either works or doesn't work right now and that's really it.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
I dunno.. Stanza isn't really sophisticated enough to warrant it, yet, I'd imagine. I don't mean that as a slam, btw... it just kind of either works or doesn't work right now and that's really it.
I was under the impression that it was working pretty well for a beta product. Hmmm
Old 07-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
Well, I cannot say that Stanza has enough traffic on its own to require a separate forum, but you may be on to something. Several people have stated in various posts that ebooks really require a windows desktop. I do not agree -- with iSiloX, eReader, ETI software and other tools I gets lots done on my mac -- but perhaps there is use for a forum for some of the smaller cross-platform tools, or issues not applicable to windows, since that seems to be a special case.

There are several posts here that can be summarized as "How do I do blah on [mac/linux]?" Inevitably, one of the first responses is "Install windows." With all the mac and linux users on this forum, I trust I am not the only one who gets tired of that.

Having said all that, doesn't this discussion belong in the Feedback forum?

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack B Nimble View Post
Having said all that, doesn't this discussion belong in the Feedback forum?

Jack
Probably. I couldn't figure out where to post this and didn't realize there was a Feedback forum. I obviously didn't look very hard.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
It works pretty well now. What I mean is that you can't go in and tweak X to get Y. It either converts it to the file you want and works or it doesn't, and that's really it.

But Jack has a good point. I'm on a Mac myself.. though i do make heavy use of MobiCreator in Parallels/Windows. Stanza strips out WAY too much to use it for more than anything but quick/hard cases
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw, duck!, kindle, mac, stanza