Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #31
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
For those of you interested, Sync's technical difficulties are fixed. If you still want "Antony and Cleopatra" (by William Shakespeare this time) it is now available in the same location.

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #32
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Karma to you! I was waiting for this and immediately grabbed my copy.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Most strange. When I went to download A&C, I received a message saying that it was already downloaded. OverDrive shows I acquired it on the 19th, the day this round started.

The funny thing is, the book I downloaded that morning was the one Sync mistakenly posted and then quickly removed. Now that version is gone and the correct one is in its place.

So, who reached into my account and switched copies?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #34
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Most strange. When I went to download A&C, I received a message saying that it was already downloaded. OverDrive shows I acquired it on the 19th, the day this round started.

The funny thing is, the book I downloaded that morning was the one Sync mistakenly posted and then quickly removed. Now that version is gone and the correct one is in its place.

The cybermonkey stole your banana.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
The cybermonkey stole your banana.
LOL

Me thinks someone pulled an Amazon
Old 07-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #36
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:

I don't understand - is there an "account" somewhere the books can be retrieved later?
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #37
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Yep.

If you have the old version on your PC, rename the directory and you can play in any other MP3 player (you'll need to replace the cover image and rebuild the wax file, most likely).

Then, start overdrive again and tell it to download - it'll bring down that version as well (as far as I can tell, that's the only one that Overdrive will play, after that).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #38
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Yep.

If you have the old version on your PC, rename the directory and you can play in any other MP3 player (you'll need to replace the cover image and rebuild the wax file, most likely).

Then, start overdrive again and tell it to download - it'll bring down that version as well (as far as I can tell, that's the only one that Overdrive will play, after that).
By account, tubemonkey meant the Overdrive Media Console? (I didn't get the first version - it was gone by the time I went to download - but I was curious about the mention of an "account"; thought I was missing out on something )
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #39
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You also have an account at Overdrive (not that I have any idea how to access it), which seems to be created automatically (perhaps associated with the instance of the software on the computer/device).

Anyway - if you protected the old version, you can keep it and play it, but the console itself will only point to the new one, from what I can tell.

This week's new selections are up:
Pinned by Alfred C. Martino, Read by Mark Shanahan (Listen & Live Audio)
Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson (Brilliance Audio)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #40
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Next ones are out

Daughter of Smoke and Bone By Laini Taylor Narrated by Khristine Hvam
Winner of the 2012 Audie Award for Best Fantasy Audiobook
Quote:
Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky. In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grown dangerously low. And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war. Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious “errands”; she speaks many languages–not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.
also A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens Narrated by Simon Prebble
Apparently perfectly narrated, Winner of AudioFiles Earphones Award.
Quote:
‘It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!’ Set before and during the French Revolution in the cities of Paris and London, A Tale of Two Cities tells the story of Dr. Manette’s release from imprisonment in the Bastille and his reunion with daughter, Lucie. A French aristocrat Darnay and English lawyer Carton compete in their love for Lucie and the ensuing tale plays out against the menacing backdrop of the French Revolution and the shadow of the guillotine.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Next ones are out

Daughter of Smoke and Bone By Laini Taylor Narrated by Khristine Hvam
Winner of the 2012 Audie Award for Best Fantasy Audiobook

also A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens Narrated by Simon Prebble
Apparently perfectly narrated, Winner of AudioFiles Earphones Award.
Thanks; I forgot it's new book day. I've been waiting for ATOTC.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Week 9 of 10. Valid 09~15 Aug 2012

Download link here

Quote:
Skulduggery Pleasant -- When a not-so-innocent twelve-year-old girl named Stephanie inherits her eccentric uncle’s estate, she must join forces with Skulduggery Pleasant, a skeleton mage, to save the world from an ancient evil.
Quote:
Dead Men Kill -- When several of the city’s most respected citizens are inexplicably killed by what appear to be zombies, all Detective Terry Lane has to go on is a blue-gray glove, a Haitian pharmacy bill for some very unusual drugs, and a death threat from a mysterious stranger.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Week 10 and the last week of this promo, was supposed to start yesterday; but it's down. Hopefully the glitch will resolved soon. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Good Morning eager downloaders! There is a slight hold-up on the file transfer this morning. We will alert you through all the regular channels when the digital magic occurs.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #44
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Week 10 and the last week of this promo, was supposed to start yesterday; but it's down. Hopefully the glitch will resolved soon. Stay tuned.
Was wondering why it wasn't there when I checked earlier Tuned I'll stay
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Tuned I'll stay

Tags
audiobook